The what's going on in Thrash thread

LOL Chicks? :lol:
I was wondering when they'd ask someone I actually cared about lol

Chick is his nickname, only his friends get to call him that...or those on the other side of the world safe from being stepped on :p

Until they ask important people like Oprah her thoughts about Slayer retiring I can't see that their job is done.

Reactions: redfly
Apparently since the band AnalCunt there is some 'thing' where putting cunt into band names is considered funny and wonderful. It's extended to variations on the theme as well. But the article I read said this band had potential because it had some guy from Cattle Decapitation in it. No idea who he is or why he is so butt hurt about Dave but obviously he missed his call as a comedian.

I know grindcore doesn't have a reputation for very meaningful lyrics (20 second songs don't have much room for lyrics) but reading the lyrics for the songs prove without a doubt that the guy who wrote them is unimaginative and has little ability to string a sentence together. I'm sure there is a million better ways to rag Davey out than these shitty words.

I'm sure I'd get crucified in the JP circles, but listening to some of it I just don't hear what others are hearing. Some of it I actually cringed. Like that Saints and Sinners song? I think that was it.

Reactions: Slammed
Apparently since the band AnalCunt there is some 'thing' where putting cunt into band names is considered funny and wonderful. It's extended to variations on the theme as well. But the article I read said this band had potential because it had some guy from Cattle Decapitation in it. No idea who he is or why he is so butt hurt about Dave but obviously he missed his call as a comedian.

I know grindcore doesn't have a reputation for very meaningful lyrics (20 second songs don't have much room for lyrics) but reading the lyrics for the songs prove without a doubt that the guy who wrote them is unimaginative and has little ability to string a sentence together. I'm sure there is a million better ways to rag Davey out than these shitty words.
I'm sure Dave will be up all night over this lol

I'm sure I'd get crucified in the JP circles, but listening to some of it I just don't hear what others are hearing. Some of it I actually cringed. Like that Saints and Sinners song? I think that was it.

Rob's voice has been going down hill for a few years and to see the way he sung Painkiller in those clips he really does look like he's struggling. I think Firepower is an extremely strong album and his vocals were top notch but having seen him sing live in recent years I was always suspect how he'd handle this tour.

I'm sure Dave will be up all night over this lol

Oh yeah for sure. I really hope if it hasn't already come to Dave's attention, he ignores it when it does. It's not worth responding to, not worth making a scene about and definitely not worth starting a media shit storm over.

Rob's voice has been going down hill for a few years and to see the way he sung Painkiller in those clips he really does look like he's struggling. I think Firepower is an extremely strong album and his vocals were top notch but having seen him sing live in recent years I was always suspect how he'd handle this tour.
It might be the way the song is supposed to sound because all the blabbers were flipping out over it. but his tone..well I just couldn't do it.

It might be the way the song is supposed to sound because all the blabbers were flipping out over it. but his tone..well I just couldn't do it.

Some of the songs are like that but there is no mistaking that he's not what he used to be and he does struggle. I do however expect many fans still praising him and the band highly because of who they are rather than what they are today.