The what's going on in Thrash thread

Nope, never will be, 12 months after surgery they diagnosed 23% loss of use and the only option was a second surgery with no guarantee they could fix it. 10 years on I'm down to 27% loss. I doesn't often stop me doing things but I can't keep my arm raise above horizontal for more than a few minutes and when I do push it too much I really pay for it.

I thought they were still on tour with BLS but surely there is no way he'd be scheduling surgery if that was the case because he's looking at several months of rehab before he can even walk properly after a full knee replacement and that's if all goes well.
Wow man! I'm sorry to hear that!

It's one of those things, you sort of learn your limitations, until you forget and then you pay for it :)

Ironically enough the devils horns rocker is exactly what I can't do. I need an icon with the devil horns are lower than the head :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
It's alright I don't want to risk owing Gene money, or maybe Wendy owns the rights to it by now!

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ga...inal-run-of-dates-will-be-tour-of-the-summer/

The Tom Araya beard is catching!
Not a bad article with Gary.
I do find it funny how nearly everyone in the world has been asked about Slayer's retirement, when they knew, how they knew and what it means and the only one really saying nothing despite being asked is Gary.
Well but I understand it. As far our little world extreme music goes it's big news. This is the first of the original thrash bands to retire.

Both Gary and Bostaphs beards are terrible lol

Reactions: Slammed
I agree it is big news and I understand that reporters are going to ask the question, it has to be asked. The funny thing is the reaction of all the musos some of which seem to know more about the retirement than Slayer themselves.

Maybe they should have copied Kerry's beard.

I thought Scott Ian's early response was pretty good, it was kind of like he knew every little detail and expected it then in an interview several weeks later he admitted it was a shock.

Yeah Scott is funny too.

somebody help me out. This dude on youtube is telling me that Willie's picking at 1:39 is unique and I'm saying "huh"?
and he's getting mad lol

Can't watch at the moment, the missus is talking and I HAVE to listen :)

But I don't remember seeing anyone pick his nose the first time I watched it :)

LOL. The guys getting snotty with me lol. Telling me I need to post a video for him of somebody playing like that..umm any thrash band? Sounds like old Anthrax to me. Oh and for some reason I need to look up the word pedantic lol

Yeah when I watched it yesterday I didn't notice anything unique.

Just had a quick listen to 1:39 again and I've changed my mind. Willie's picking is unique, just like everyone elses. :)

The way he holds it? Geezus I didn't pay attention to how the hell he was holding it. I wonder if his shoe lace was done up tight as well!