The what's going on in Thrash thread

There has been quite a few Wacken TV releases recently which are from old concerts. I assume it's Wacken holding them and not the bands but it's good too see them coming out. Will have to watch that later, too busy watching Get Smart now :)

Reactions: redfly
Yeah the movie had it's good moments but it was always going to struggle against Don Adams the silliness and the delivery Don Adams had was brilliant.

The trailer looks of but as much as I still like Anthrax and I probably will buy the new album that Chuckles has 7 or 8 ideas for, I struggle to watch them live now, their live show just doesn't interest me that much.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-guitarist-defends-picture-with-israeli-flag/

Fuck me!! I understand racial abuse and nazi salutes upsetting some people but a fucking flag?? Does this mean from now on no national flags will be able to be flown because at one point or another someone somewhere in history was shitty to someone else, or maybe even continues to be shitty? I guess I could understand some outrage if they waved the Israel flag proudly at a gig in Japan but geez they were in Israel when the photo was taken!

Here's one that's only a couple days old
The trailer looks of but as much as I still like Anthrax and I probably will buy the new album that Chuckles has 7 or 8 ideas for, I struggle to watch them live now, their live show just doesn't interest me that much.
I really like the live show, but the setlist is so stale

Reactions: Slammed
I really like the live show, but the setlist is so stale

Yeah that could be part of it, I just know I'm not that keen on seeing that DVD yet I was interested in watching the Testament video from Wacken. Even 10 years ago I'd have chosen Anthrax over Testament.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-guitarist-defends-picture-with-israeli-flag/

Fuck me!! I understand racial abuse and nazi salutes upsetting some people but a fucking flag?? Does this mean from now on no national flags will be able to be flown because at one point or another someone somewhere in history was shitty to someone else, or maybe even continues to be shitty? I guess I could understand some outrage if they waved the Israel flag proudly at a gig in Japan but geez they were in Israel when the photo was taken!
I have to agree, fucking absurd. They routinely wave the flag of the country they are playing a show in as do many many bands. It's not a political statement. It's a symbolic shout out to the fans. I think he should have just left this alone.

Reactions: Slammed
I think as usual the media are blowing this up to more than it is, and anyone in this position defending themselves just feeds that even more but it's sad he even had to defend what they did in the first place. I reckon I have seen Maiden standing in front of just about very flag in the world at one point or another, they never copped shit for it.

Did anyone give him shit? or is he trying to putout a fire that wasn't started? Either way, just dumb. Someone is always gonna bitch.

I believe he was reacting to the reaction he got on instagram after positing the photo.

I do wish other bands had their energy on stage

I still think there is some good bands with that kind of energy, maybe not every gig and not all thrash bands but they are still there. Alestorm, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Amon Amarth, all have an amazing amount of energy on stage.