The what's going on in Thrash thread

I've got https://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Garage-Inc/release/421601?ev=rr
I don't see any reason to buy another new one even with the extra bits they promised to out on it. Although I admit that I gave up reading what was on the new version a few months back when that BS between Lars and Dave started over what should appear in the new one.
Wasn't that problem with Dave and Lars about No Life Till Leather? Or am I just misunderstanding you?

Nah it was overall positive but I just had to read the comments for the ones reacting to his Slayer comment. Had he not voiced his opinion that Slayer created death metal for him I wouldn't have bothered with the comments. But I knew some people would have to tell him that Slayer wasn't death metal, it was just a matter how how they told him. I'm a sucker for a good whine :)
:popcorn:

Reactions: Slammed
Wasn't that problem with Dave and Lars about No Life Till Leather? Or am I just misunderstanding you?

There as been a few disagreements about pasts songs but I remember a few months ago there was something about one of the extra songs Lars wanted on the 'new' extended version of Garage Days was an old song Dave either played on or helped write and he claimed Dave wouldn't give them permission and Dave claimed Lars refused to give him credit. Lars originally wanted the new release of Garage days to have about 35 songs on it or something and from what I remember reading they couldn't agree so Lars pulled the pin on all the extra bits.

Reactions: redfly
There as been a few disagreements about pasts songs but I remember a few months ago there was something about one of the extra songs Lars wanted on the 'new' extended version of Garage Days was an old song Dave either played on or helped write and he claimed Dave wouldn't give them permission and Dave claimed Lars refused to give him credit. Lars originally wanted the new release of Garage days to have about 35 songs on it or something and from what I remember reading they couldn't agree so Lars pulled the pin on all the extra bits.
I think that was about No Life, They put out the tape for record store day and then were gonna release the cd but that's when Lars said there were complications or something like that? and then Dave said a few moths later it was because of credits Lars wanted?
But I have been know to be wrong on occasion.

I think that was about No Life, They put out the tape for record store day and then were gonna release the cd but that's when Lars said there were complications or something like that? and then Dave said a few moths later it was because of credits Lars wanted?
But I have been know to be wrong on occasion.

Maybe it was. I admit to reading very little about Metallica now days. If I do load an article I usually only skim it and there has been so much talk from them about re-releases one probably blends into the other. I honestly couldn't tell you what other re-releases they've had in the last twelve months only that they have been in the media talking about them. I'll probably buy any new release they make but tend to ignore they background noise. I'm doing the same with Dave and Megadeth at the moment too, reading less and less of the thousand articles a week with his name on them.

Maybe it was. I admit to reading very little about Metallica now days. If I do load an article I usually only skim it and there has been so much talk from them about re-releases one probably blends into the other. I honestly couldn't tell you what other re-releases they've had in the last twelve months only that they have been in the media talking about them. I'll probably buy any new release they make but tend to ignore they background noise. I'm doing the same with Dave and Megadeth at the moment too, reading less and less of the thousand articles a week with his name on them.
I bought the Masters Of Puppets re release, really only because I only had it on tape and hadn't listened to it in 20 years. But man for being on their own record label I was surprised at how cheap the packaging is. It's pretty lame, thin ass cardboard.
The Megadeth ones are the worst. Just recycled interviews over and over.

I bought the Masters Of Puppets re release, really only because I only had it on tape and hadn't listened to it in 20 years. But man for being on their own record label I was surprised at how cheap the packaging is. It's pretty lame, thin ass cardboard.
The Megadeth ones are the worst. Just recycled interviews over and over.

That's one of the things I grew annoyed with. Some of the demos they add to re-releases are crappy sound but they are at least music. I don't want to buy a CD with an interview on it, and I certainly don't want an interview from 20 years go on a CD.

I just remembered why I'm not married lol. I can't tolerate other peoples music...but I'm ok with that lol

Some of the stuff my wife listens to is ok but I can't figure out why she's suddenly into Benjamin. A few years ago when my teenage niece was into it my wife hated it, now my niece hates it and my wife likes it. Still I can't argue I had power metal going all morning.

I probably should go back and listen to the last DA album again. I reckon I've only listened to it four or five times.

Reactions: Neptune
Will.
Although maybe you thought I was referring to Dark Angel and not replying to Neptune's post above mine cause Will's been drumming for the other DA for a long time.

It would be funny to see Gene announce he's leaving Dark Angel because he has limited time only to announce a week later he's joining another band.