The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I immediately thought when I read his news that it was going to be hard for them to continue, but then I figured they have done it without Gene before today. It's gotta be hard on him though, two gigs on the other side of the world while he's still playing with Testament and doing whatever the hell else he does.

But I agree he's done so much and according to his FB he's been writing and demoing songs for the new album for 18 months so that's potentially a lot of work he's done that he wont get to record.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I immediately thought when I read his news that it was going to be hard for them to continue, but then I figured they have done it without Gene before today. It's gotta be hard on him though, two gigs on the other side of the world while he's still playing with Testament and doing whatever the hell else he does.

But I agree he's done so much and according to his FB he's been writing and demoing songs for the new album for 18 months so that's potentially a lot of work he's done that he wont get to record.
I wonder if Eric would let Gene contribute to the riffs. Or if chuck would to lyrics.

Reactions: Slammed
I wonder if Eric would let Gene contribute to the riffs. Or if chuck would to lyrics.

If it was me I'd be happy to play in the band but I'd definitely want more. Admittedly DA don't seem to know what they are doing when it comes to a new album but he's essentially leaving a band where he was a huge part of the writing process to just playing drums. Maybe the less pressure works for him but at the same time I think he's good enough to be more than just the drummer.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
There's gotta be something more to it for him to leave

Could be the fact that they have been making the album for 18 months and it's still not even in production. Although I think the fact that he is touring the US with Testament and DA had one or two gigs at some European festival might also be a bit of a pain in the arse for him.

Reactions: redfly
It’s still a killer to this day,but yeah Horrorscope is just on another level with a huge amount of talent in that lineup no disrespect to Gustafson and Skates of course.

I think I have probably played Horrorscope more times over the years than I have played all other Overkill CD's put together.