The what's going on in Thrash thread

That's just bizarre

Yeah it was a bit. They could easily have said nothing and just done the tune but they thought they show a bit of respect and it gets shoved back at them. There was all sorts of claims about why it happened one of which was that a heavy metal band doing such a tribute was not suitable but it's not like they didn't know who Manowar was, the band had played there before and like all gigs permits needed to be issued for a large outdoor heavy metal concert.

Reactions: redfly
Geez there was a few b'days yesterday.
Silly Idol
Bill Ward
Kevin LaBrie
Shawn Drover
Hevy Devy

Actually surprised Hevy Devy is only 46. I thought's he'd been around for ever!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
He must have been super young on the VAI album

21 if my maths is right....which we found out it wasn't yesterday. :p

However he was born in '72 and the first album he did with Vai was Sex & Religion in '93 so I'm going with 21 for the win!

They were tampering with their balls!
(oh crickets not cricketers!)
(oh oh you probably have to be from a cricket playing nation to understand the hilarity behind such a witty and well timed sports joke, since you're not just trust me when I say it was the funniest thing you'll read EVER...or in the next two seconds which ever comes first.)
:p

Ok so it's not Brit-pop but Kirk and Rob have their doodles on stage again.

They were tampering with their balls!
(oh crickets not cricketers!)
(oh oh you probably have to be from a cricket playing nation to understand the hilarity behind such a witty and well timed sports joke, since you're not just trust me when I say it was the funniest thing you'll read EVER...or in the next two seconds which ever comes first.)
:p
ahahaha top drawer Slammed, top,,,drawer,,,:D

Reactions: Slammed
Ok so it's not Brit-pop but Kirk and Rob have their doodles on stage again.

Does anyone still wonder why Metallica has no real edge anymore?
Is Heitfield under the stage curled into a ball during this while Lars' is combing through the latest issue of pseudo artist magazine looking for the next ass to kiss?

Does anyone still wonder why Metallica has no real edge anymore?
Is Heitfield under the stage curled into a ball during this while Lars' is combing through the latest issue of pseudo artist magazine looking for the next ass to kiss?

I don't know what Larz and James are doing during these doodles, maybe getting oxygen, but I do think it's good that they are adding a local feel to their concerts. These little solos and breaks on stage give the local audience a connection and I think shows respect. I know for a fact that if any band came to Australia and played any Aussie song, in part or in full, on stage instead of just adding another solo or a chat they would get praised for it. Pretty much the same goes for these doodles they keep playing.

So you don't like jams but you're ok with doodles and covers? To me it's cheesy ass kissing, especially that song. It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't spent so many years openly making fun of these bands. I'm not sure there was ever a time Metallica wasn't full of shit.