The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'm opinionated on the subject of Sepultura but it's true to a large degree. Seps always was Max and Igor, they came up with the band and came up with the name, AK was hired help. Maybe the brothers shouldn't have left to pursue other things like they did but AK only got it through legal channels and for the most part since the brothers left, Seps haven't played decent trash, they've played shit.

People like AK shit me. There is a band getting around the US now named The Little River Band playing music written by the original LRB in the 60's and 70's. None of them are original players, none of them wrote the songs but thanks to a fucked up judge the original members of what was once a classic Aussie rock and roll band aren't even allowed to market themselves with the name they came up with 40+ years ago. The LRB website is even geo-blocked from Aussie IP addresses because the band hate the fact that Aussie fans don't like them and they got booed off stage last time they toured here.

Too many bands lost what belongs to them because of a fucked up legal system, even if I didn't like early Seps stuff I'd still be pissed off with such bullshit. It would be like Exodus telling Gary he's no longer part of the band and then some fuckwit judge telling Gary he no longer had the right to play the music he wrote. It's unlikely but it could easily happen if the band pushed for it because of the way the legal systems work.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'm opinionated on the subject of Sepultura but it's true to a large degree. Seps always was Max and Igor, they came up with the band and came up with the name, AK was hired help. Maybe the brothers shouldn't have left to pursue other things like they did but AK only got it through legal channels and for the most part since the brothers left, Seps haven't played decent trash, they've played shit.

People like AK shit me. There is a band getting around the US now named The Little River Band playing music written by the original LRB in the 60's and 70's. None of them are original players, none of them wrote the songs but thanks to a fucked up judge the original members of what was once a classic Aussie rock and roll band aren't even allowed to market themselves with the name they came up with 40+ years ago. The LRB website is even geo-blocked from Aussie IP addresses because the band hate the fact that Aussie fans don't like them and they got booed off stage last time they toured here.

Too many bands lost what belongs to them because of a fucked up legal system, even if I didn't like early Seps stuff I'd still be pissed off with such bullshit. It would be like Exodus telling Gary he's no longer part of the band and then some fuckwit judge telling Gary he no longer had the right to play the music he wrote. It's unlikely but it could easily happen if the band pushed for it because of the way the legal systems work.
I don't really care about any Sepultura, but it seems like it's been 20 years? more? since it's been AK's band. People must like it.

Reactions: Slammed
Pretty good interview with Flotsam, but I'm not sure how I like Gilbert being back in the band. Slipknot? C'mon dude. Conley has saved this band guitar wise.

I don't really care about any Sepultura, but it seems like it's been 20 years? more? since it's been AK's band. People must like it.

New Sepultura is only slightly better than new Skid Row without Sebbie. They play small clubs or well down the list on festival with bands that once supported them. The only festivals they get close to top billing on are bills with lack lustre bands after them. They can't even tour this country without being a support act. Like many bands they went through a phase of trying different stuff but they had no choice because fans pulled away from them in droves.

But all that aside, keeping the name, any rights to the music and demanding what the guys who created everything can and can't do just because you're the last man standing and can't reproduce anything close to what the brand became popular for is a piss poor way to make a living. AK is the Rachal Bolan of the thrash world.

Reactions: redfly
New Sepultura is only slightly better than new Skid Row without Sebbie. They play small clubs or well down the list on festival with bands that once supported them. The only festivals they get close to top billing on are bills with lack lustre bands after them. They can't even tour this country without being a support act. Like many bands they went through a phase of trying different stuff but they had no choice because fans pulled away from them in droves.

But all that aside, keeping the name, any rights to the music and demanding what the guys who created everything can and can't do just because you're the last man standing and can't reproduce anything close to what the brand became popular for is a piss poor way to make a living. AK is the Rachal Bolan of the thrash world.
LOL

The trend of shitting on your band mates is getting out of hand with a lot of the older bands. The Skid Row thing is a good example of ego outweighing anything else. GNR without Izzy and Steve is a joke. But the other joke is when bands like Adlers Appetite try and recreate what was with something that could never be. Sober Adler is still a good drummer and the band he has in front of him is reasonable but the lead singer to me just can't cut the chops on the old GNR songs which is about all they play. Same goes for the guy in Skid Row. They are two bands that probably wont ever reform fully because the wrong people have too much control over what is left.

The trend of shitting on your band mates is getting out of hand with a lot of the older bands. The Skid Row thing is a good example of ego outweighing anything else. GNR without Izzy and Steve is a joke. But the other joke is when bands like Adlers Appetite try and recreate what was with something that could never be. Sober Adler is still a good drummer and the band he has in front of him is reasonable but the lead singer to me just can't cut the chops on the old GNR songs which is about all they play. Same goes for the guy in Skid Row. They are two bands that probably wont ever reform fully because the wrong people have too much control over what is left.

I must be one of the few people that was glad when they fired Adler. When I heard the beginning to You Could Be Mine I was like finally! I never thought Adler was that good ,although he does have that swing that people are so fond of saying lately. I do think the reunion should have both Adler and Izzy though. That sucks that it doesn't.
Skid Row? UGH.

Reactions: Slammed
I must be one of the few people that was glad when they fired Adler. When I heard the beginning to You Could Be Mine I was like finally! I never thought Adler was that good ,although he does have that swing that people are so fond of saying lately. I do think the reunion should have both Adler and Izzy though. That sucks that it doesn't.
Skid Row? UGH.

At the time I was happy they dumped him because he was a wreck. When him or his brother have opened their mouths and cried about it over the last twenty years I was glad they dumped him. But I agree it's not a reunion without him and Izzy. Although in saying that I was fairly sure that Izzy was never going to come back into the fold, there is more shit between him and Axl than anyone but them knows, but he almost lives as a recluse these days and it's not because of Axl or GNR that he chose that life from what I've read.

I liked Skid Row, I can't stand them now. I like Sebbie, I'm not a huge fan now. But Rachal is living in a dream land if he thinks current Skid Row is anything like old Skid Row, even the music sounds like a cover band.

I don't remember any hype other than the little blerb by AK saying to pull up your lady pants or whatever he said. But. I'm sure it will live up to it!

Maybe hype is too strong, but pretty much all the press releases are talking it up, all the interviews are talking it up and it's still a while off. I understand that its their jobs to talk things up and tell us how good they are but too many bands have let me down over the years