The what's going on in Thrash thread

At the time I was happy they dumped him because he was a wreck. When him or his brother have opened their mouths and cried about it over the last twenty years I was glad they dumped him. But I agree it's not a reunion without him and Izzy. Although in saying that I was fairly sure that Izzy was never going to come back into the fold, there is more shit between him and Axl than anyone but them knows, but he almost lives as a recluse these days and it's not because of Axl or GNR that he chose that life from what I've read.

I liked Skid Row, I can't stand them now. I like Sebbie, I'm not a huge fan now. But Rachal is living in a dream land if he thinks current Skid Row is anything like old Skid Row, even the music sounds like a cover band.
Yeah I would have been more surprised if Izzy had been part of it lol.
And I agree with everything you've said on all fronts.

Reactions: Slammed
Maybe hype is too strong, but pretty much all the press releases are talking it up, all the interviews are talking it up and it's still a while off. I understand that its their jobs to talk things up and tell us how good they are but too many bands have let me down over the years
I don't remember anyone talking it up lol I remember them talking about it and saying there was a lot of guitars and vocals and that they really like the new drummer. but not like. This album is so great or our best album ever! or anything like that.
Except for that one blurb by AK

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ro...lbeat-more-musically-fulfilling-than-anthrax/

I first wondered why anyone cared about some guy saying his music is more fulfilling than Anthrax, figuring it was like me saying any music I created with ice cream buckets for drums and the kids Dora the Explorer guitar was more fulfilling than Anthrax to me. Then I remembered who that guy was, he was the guy I don't remember from Anthrax who now plays in a band I don't listen to. Well done to him, I wonder if he wants to borrow my Dora guitar.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ro...lbeat-more-musically-fulfilling-than-anthrax/

I first wondered why anyone cared about some guy saying his music is more fulfilling than Anthrax, figuring it was like me saying any music I created with ice cream buckets for drums and the kids Dora the Explorer guitar was more fulfilling than Anthrax to me. Then I remembered who that guy was, he was the guy I don't remember from Anthrax who now plays in a band I don't listen to. Well done to him, I wonder if he wants to borrow my Dora guitar.

Hahaha! exactly.

Hahaha! exactly.

I can't say I have avoided Volbeat because of him but such an article doesn't really inspire me to listen to his new music. Even if he played on an Anthrax album I really really liked I don't think I would think any better of this guy.

Haha the awards mean shit. Well, not shit if you're a big Skolnick fan and he chooses you. I'm just glad for the documentation.

We don't tend to get many results from these thing in our local press, we have to go looking for them, even the RNR Hall of Fame which we don't really care about doesn't make huge news here. We have to search it out ourselves so many of these award shows go under the radar.

Reactions: redfly
We don't tend to get many results from these thing in our local press, we have to go looking for them, even the RNR Hall of Fame which we don't really care about doesn't make huge news here. We have to search it out ourselves so many of these award shows go under the radar.
True, but recorded for prosperity :)