The what's going on in Thrash thread

Scott Wienrich has done some good stuff over the the years. I like his Spirit Caravan stuff but Premonition 13, Hidden Hand, The Obsessed are all good too.

Reactions: Neptune
I love the ways things change over time I found this link on MI
https://www.get-licensed.co.uk/loudest-events
(MI link http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/yes/the-seven-loudest-bands-of-all-time-revealed)

I remember in the 90's when another one of these list was complied we had a band from Perth named Rawkus, the lead singer was about 7 foot 6 looked like the side of a building and wore some weird costume that made him look like a humongous Woolly Mammoth with horns. His guitar had tailpipes that extended 2 foot from the guitar and spewed smoke and flames. In his stage get up he reportedly weighed somewhere between 400 and 500 pounds. He was a fucking behemoth of a man. They played a gig that was recorded at 143dB and was the loudest gig in Australia but they failed to world beat the record which at the time was held by Motorhead at 147dB yet the loudest on this list is 139dB.
You gotta wonder at the homework these people do

Reactions: Slammed
http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...ng-death-of-chef-and-tv-host-anthony-bourdain

I read about this guy's death last night. I'm now surprised looking at the messages and tributes from metal heads. One of the tech forums I frequent had me a little surprised how many nerds watched cooking shows instead of videos of overclocking CPUS, but seeing that all the metalheads were watching the same show had me even more surprised. I never thought he was the best food/cooking show on TV but I didn't mind sitting down to watch what he was up to. I'm not sure if I'm a nerd or a metalhead.
I watched his show for years, but I haven't in years either. I felt he got a little dickish. His cameo on the show Archer as the bastard chef was funny though. The last year or so I thought he seemed a little squirrely. Crazy when you think someone has it all and does something like this!

Not the heaviest of tracks but pretty much what I expected from Doro.
Quite few notable faces pop up in the video.

All that mud reminds me of GNR, Skid Row, Rose Tattoo and The Poor here in '93. Was stinking hot by lunch time then a massive storm hit at 3pm and turned all the hills into mud and people were doing the same things as in the video. We didn't get back to the city until 3am, didn't get home until after 7am, god know what all those mud caked people were like by 3am.

I like it but in all seriousness does she do any songs that aren't anthems? I know there are tons of her songs I don't know. But it seems like that's almost all of what I hear from her.

http://bravewords.com/news/vicious-rumors-announce-new-dvd-release-new-tour-dates-confirmed

Interesting that a band chooses to release a DVD (or CD for that matter) through only their social media or at gigs. You would think they'd want to give all fans a chance to hear/see their shit. To me it's a sure fire way to ensure your shit ends up on all the pirate sites and people not paying for it. Not sure if that's the goal but it seems like an odd one if it is.

I liked some of VR's stuff early on and I have their first 5 albums on vinyl but I doubt I'd buy a DVD if they aren't prepared to make it available through normal channels.
Do they not have a label? You would think the label and the band would want as many ways to get it as possible. Then again if you go on Overkills site they don't advertise the live in Overhausen on it.

I watched his show for years, but I haven't in years either. I felt he got a little dickish. His cameo on the show Archer as the bastard chef was funny though. The last year or so I thought he seemed a little squirrely. Crazy when you think someone has it all and does something like this!

Yeah he definitely wasn't a favourite of mine but he did do some interesting stuff. I also thought he got a bit dickish for a while there but wasn't sure if it was him being himself or him being directed. I think one of the appeals of his show against so many other American ones we get on our Food Network is that it's not a competition where people just try to outdo each other, it's really just a show about food. I feel sorry for his kid.

Reactions: redfly
I like it but in all seriousness does she do any songs that aren't anthems? I know there are tons of her songs I don't know. But it seems like that's almost all of what I hear from her.

Very little of her old stuff was metal anthems. Then in the mid 00's she went through a stage of patriotic stuff which was not only done in her native tongue but done in other languages as well. I think since she's backed off releasing stuff every other year she's really thrown the bigger anthem tracks out there to make her show bigger and more fitting with the "queen of metal" title many gave her.

Looking at that clip though it's been a while in the making. Putting peoples faces on camera when they all run into each other at gigs like Wacken is not hard but the song was obviously written a while back when you see some of those faces and which Wacken events they played at.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Do they not have a label? You would think the label and the band would want as many ways to get it as possible. Then again if you go on Overkills site they don't advertise the live in Overhausen on it.

TBH I don't really know and obviously haven't cared enough to look up. It could well be that they don't have a label, I think they have been on hiatus for a while. They aren't really a band I followed after the mid 90's - early 00's

Very little of her old stuff was metal anthems. Then in the mid 00's she went through a stage of patriotic stuff which was not only done in her native tongue but done in other languages as well. I think since she's backed off releasing stuff every other year she's really thrown the bigger anthem tracks out there to make her show bigger and more fitting with the "queen of metal" title many gave her.

Looking at that clip though it's been a while in the making. Putting peoples faces on camera when they all run into each other at gigs like Wacken is not hard but the song was obviously written a while back when you see some of those faces and which Wacken events they played at.
I need to listen to more of her stuff

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah he definitely wasn't a favourite of mine but he did do some interesting stuff. I also thought he got a bit dickish for a while there but wasn't sure if it was him being himself or him being directed. I think one of the appeals of his show against so many other American ones we get on our Food Network is that it's not a competition where people just try to outdo each other, it's really just a show about food. I feel sorry for his kid.
Yeah there are way too many of the competition shows

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I need to listen to more of her stuff

Warlock stuff is typical of 80's metal and her solo stuff took a softer turn in the mid 00's. The problem I think is that she doesn't have any really brilliant albums, she's got great songs scattered throughout most of her albums but even her compilations have some songs that aren't great on them.