The what's going on in Thrash thread

I actually think their first album is better, maybe even a little faster, although I've only listened to the new one once so maybe my opinion will change when it arrives.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Snr seems to like pushing the buttons, and it's happened before. If I was Snr I'd be scared of Jnr leaving, he must nearly have more to do outside of 'Deth these days.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Given that I'm not overly fussed if I ever see Megadave live again. I wouldn't have a problem with Jnr doing a new Megadave album then doing a bit more MA. I'm still waiting on hearing that thing he did with Frank Bello too. Nearly more interested in that than a new Anthrax album.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
A bit of hardcore to start the day. These guys are touring with ST, would be a hell of an energetic gig.

Reactions: redfly
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...baths-entire-debut-album-at-brooklyn-concert/

If Jnr's not there I'm not interested :)

Actually more to the point I'm not sure I'd be interested in the setlist. Sure seeing Bobby might be a highlight but I don't know that I want to see a band like MA play Black Sabbath in it's entirety. I'd rather see them play their own songs, they've got two albums and an EP it's enough for a show.

Given that I'm not overly fussed if I ever see Megadave live again. I wouldn't have a problem with Jnr doing a new Megadave album then doing a bit more MA. I'm still waiting on hearing that thing he did with Frank Bello too. Nearly more interested in that than a new Anthrax album.
I think new Anthrax is gonna be really good :)

Reactions: Slammed
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...baths-entire-debut-album-at-brooklyn-concert/

If Jnr's not there I'm not interested :)

Actually more to the point I'm not sure I'd be interested in the setlist. Sure seeing Bobby might be a highlight but I don't know that I want to see a band like MA play Black Sabbath in it's entirety. I'd rather see them play their own songs, they've got two albums and an EP it's enough for a show.
Who will be singing though? That's the make or break. I don't like Overkills Sabbath covers that much. Should get Pepper from COC

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tom-hunting-says-exodus-would-like-to-record-new-album-next-summer/

Wow apparently Zetro is not the only person in Exodus. :)

Interesting that he's suggesting summer to record. I know time is their issue, and whether some fans like it or not Gary has made his commitment to Slayer, but I'd have thought summer would be the time to get out and tour stuff, even old stuff, not write.
I'll take what Tom thinks over what Zetro does lol. What did they say before? 2020 release?

I think new Anthrax is gonna be really good :)

I'm hoping it is but I care less about Anthrax these days in general. Scott Ian annoys me and his and Charlie's constant "aggressive" mantra for the last 10 years hasn't really come to fruition. Their albums really haven't change much for a long time and I can't see this one being overly different. I'd like to be proven wrong but at this stage I'd much prefer a new Exodus album, I'd even prefer a new Damned Things album over an Anthrax album.

Who will be singing though? That's the make or break. I don't like Overkills Sabbath covers that much. Should get Pepper from COC

Yeah that's a good point. I like Black Sabbath, especially their early stuff but MA just isn't a band I would rush to see play Sabbath songs.

I'll take what Tom thinks over what Zetro does lol. What did they say before? 2020 release?

Zetro knows all! He's the Mustaine of the Exodus world! If it's a summer 2019 record then it has to be at least Christmas 2019 before the album is out, but 2020 is probably more likely. Maybe they are going for a summer record then not hitting the tour circuit until Spring summer 2021.

I'm hoping it is but I care less about Anthrax these days in general. Scott Ian annoys me and his and Charlie's constant "aggressive" mantra for the last 10 years hasn't really come to fruition. Their albums really haven't change much for a long time and I can't see this one being overly different. I'd like to be proven wrong but at this stage I'd much prefer a new Exodus album, I'd even prefer a new Damned Things album over an Anthrax album.
:eek::cry: