The what's going on in Thrash thread

The band sounds pretty good, and the singer has the tone down. the only thing I don't like is how the vocals get a little power metal treatment. It's a bit over the top for me. And I'm not sold on Marty's solo. The guitar player is obviously good. But what he's added just doesn't fit to me because the original is so tastefully done. but overall, not a bad cover.

Reactions: Slammed
They are a power metal band and really to hear him change to his Dave-ish voice is quite big. They've also done a cover or Europe's Final Countdown which is faster and the guy again does a great job of the vocals, but in most of their other songs he sounds nothing like either so to hear the change is quite a surprise.

Reactions: redfly
Now the final countdown could definitely be an improvement! And then the power vocals wouldn't sound as out of place to me. By the way. ever heard the Indian version of The Final countdown? I have in the food markets. It's pretty awesome lol. Replace the keyboard with someone singing "Loo loo loo loo, Loo loo loo loo loo"

Can't say I have heard an Indian version, but it's amazing the number of different versions out there. I heard this band that called themselves Europe do it at some anniversary gig last year and even they weren't as good as the original :)

My kids love Final Countdown but I had to put the original on their music players because anything the band has done in the last 20 years has been terrible.

The strange thing is that the original was quite powerful, (without being real metal) and it made them household names throughout the world but since the 90's they have never done that song or any of the songs on the album justice. It's quite annoying.

The stuff I've read makes it sound like they are on this kick like they think they are a 70's band. Like they're Deep Purple or something. Didn't they refuse to do Countdown live for a while?

The did start in the 70's (just) but I don't remember any specific refusal for shows however I believe there was some self imposed ban that saw them not touring for a large part of the 90's and 00's. I'm pretty sure the band as it is today is different to back when they released Final Countdown so there may have been some legal shit going on.

32 years old, seems like the day before yesterday, but only because it's also 30 years since State Of Euphoria and 28 years since Obituary Cause of Death and that seems like yesterday.

The did start in the 70's (just) but I don't remember any specific refusal for shows however I believe there was some self imposed ban that saw them not touring for a large part of the 90's and 00's. I'm pretty sure the band as it is today is different to back when they released Final Countdown so there may have been some legal shit going on.
Maybe but I remember is they personally decided to not play it. Kind of like Dream Theater refusing to do Pull me Under. Because they one song was way more popular than the rest so they snubbed it.

Maybe but I remember is they personally decided to not play it. Kind of like Dream Theater refusing to do Pull me Under. Because they one song was way more popular than the rest so they snubbed it.

I'm not sure on much because I never followed them. I did love the Final Countdown album but wouldn't know what else they have released and it wasn't until this year that the band toured Australia. I do remember them saying on tv while they were here something about legal bullshit dictating what they did for years but I don't remember the context they were talking.

I'm not sure on much because I never followed them. I did love the Final Countdown album but wouldn't know what else they have released and it wasn't until this year that the band toured Australia. I do remember them saying on tv while they were here something about legal bullshit dictating what they did for years but I don't remember the context they were talking.
It's just what I member from like two interviews on a slow day lol, I don't think I'd heard a Europe song since the Countdown album in the 80's. But I remember when Blabber put the new one up I was curious. It didn't have much of a hard rock edge to it.