The what's going on in Thrash thread

My problem was the sound board in the TV died and that killed all sound output, even headphones didn't work. So re-routing the sound and vision from the PVR was the only way to get sound. It seemed easier to just re-route everything to the amp, probably would have been too if I didn't have to lie on the floor all day. Still gave me a chance to play with all the dust bunnies that hide behind tvs :)

I kicked the TV cabinet in anger one day and while I didn't break a toe it really fucking hurt. I lashed out in anger and kicked I wasn't suppose connect with the damn thing but I did and it stopped me being angry I can tell you!

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Oh it's amazing how much they multiply. One of the main reasons I cut my long hair years ago was because I was spending so much time laying under cars, but laying on the floor is nearly worse.

I've told everyone we can't use this TV because we don't want it to wear out :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I spent a lot of years with long hair and it never really worried me, but around about 2000 when I started to get back into fixing cars I just couldn't handle it long. I've had a few times where it's gone long again but not as long as it used to be.

Man if I had some of those ropes I would definitely do it just for the giggles.

Yeah I felt the same, seemed like every job was easier with my hair up and in the end I kinda just gave in.

I don't know but if I could order than and have them delivered in an hour before they get home from school I would!

I hope he didn't them on his phone like Kirk did :)

It's good to see him still able to find some time to do stuff for the Exodus album while touring but I'm buggered if I know when he finds that time.

Haha the first response I see on that Gary Holy link now is someone suggesting "So Gary is the one who stole Kirk's iPhone.."

Oh and those glasses make him look stupid...but I'm sure he knows that :)

Oh shit I should read more before I type, the second comment...

He must have dug those sunglasses from a box marked "God Hates Us All promo shoot".​

Haha the first response I see on that Gary Holy link now is someone suggesting "So Gary is the one who stole Kirk's iPhone.."

Oh and those glasses make him look stupid...but I'm sure he knows that :)

Oh shit I should read more before I type, the second comment...

He must have dug those sunglasses from a box marked "God Hates Us All promo shoot".​
Haha, yeah I saw that about the phone too. Woof, those glasses. He must wear those when he's listening to his disco.

www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-singer-understands-why-certain-bands-use-off-stage-backing-musicians-and-pre-recorded-tapes-during-live-performances/

Surprise it's not as bad as the headline makes it out to be. As long as my thrash bands don't use them, I don't care lol. I understand it for bands with keyboard players. I wouldn't want them on stage either...;). I don't think a band like Pink Floyd could even do a show without stuff being pumped in. although their keyboard player was on stage. I think he's right. Some bands it might be ok for certain things. But not lip syncing. that is cheating.

I'd like to know how often you can pick that something like back stage musicians. Backing tapes are a bit different, I don't agree with lip syncing but I understand why backing tapes get used. In can be difficult recreating the effects of multiple vocal tracks which are available in the studio and throwing a backing tape on can provide that fill. Sometimes it's done as much for the band as it is for the crowd

Reactions: redfly
That's true, but I think that's one reason some bands should chill out on some of that stuff. If you can't come close to doing it live. Re think doing it. Because at what point is it not even the band anymore?

Reactions: Slammed
That's true, but I think that's one reason some bands should chill out on some of that stuff. If you can't come close to doing it live. Re think doing it. Because at what point is it not even the band anymore?

That's true enough. I think producers are as much to blame as musos now. Each producer wants to make something bigger and better. They've got all these new toys to play with and making something huge could set them up for life so they convince bands to go with more than just a live type of sound. That's not to say all producers are the problems, I'm sure some bands want to push it too, but I definitely think that there is less and less songs being written with a live audience in mind.

Reactions: redfly