The what's going on in Thrash thread

Wonder if Marty will respond. I'd be interesting to hear how he views it in light of what Dave said.

I really think it's time we all just forgot about history and accepted that no one who remembers what happened more than 5 years ago as far as ANY band is concerned is remembering things correctly.

Tom is a very vocal type of person, he's definitely got something to tell people, pity no one needs to hear it.
Hahaha! yeah you might just be right about that! It seems five years is the cap on a lot of memories, especially ex heroin users.. I would love Marty's take on it though. He's not said much in all these years. Even the times when Dave's gotten pretty nasty.
Aside from what Dave's said about Risk since 99, are we to believe that Dave wrote..12 songs?. Based on what Marty wanted? I don't think so.

I think that Carol guy makes me want to get on Blabber more than anyone lol. Says everything Testament's put out since The Legacy is Garbage and always talks shit. Master Of Puppets isn't a thrash album and has a very warped take on flotsam.

Whatever lol.

Reactions: Slammed
Hahaha! yeah you might just be right about that! It seems five years is the cap on a lot of memories, especially ex heroin users.. I would love Marty's take on it though. He's not said much in all these years. Even the times when Dave's gotten pretty nasty.
Aside from what Dave's said about Risk since 99, are we to believe that Dave wrote..12 songs?. Based on what Marty wanted? I don't think so.

I think that Carol guy makes me want to get on Blabber more than anyone lol. Says everything Testament's put out since The Legacy is Garbage and always talks shit. Master Of Puppets isn't a thrash album and has a very warped take on flotsam.

Whatever lol.

In some ways I don't blame Marty for saying noting, but it would be interesting. However he really only has two choices, agree totally and put it to rest or disagree and he's going to forever be answering the questions. If it were me I think I'd just stay shut up.

The problem with people like Tom is you never know whether they are serious or just stirring up shit. They obviously want people to engage with them and they probably get off when people do, but arguing with an idiot really isn't productive.

Reactions: redfly
In some ways I don't blame Marty for saying noting, but it would be interesting. However he really only has two choices, agree totally and put it to rest or disagree and he's going to forever be answering the questions. If it were me I think I'd just stay shut up.

The problem with people like Tom is you never know whether they are serious or just stirring up shit. They obviously want people to engage with them and they probably get off when people do, but arguing with an idiot really isn't productive.
Yeah he 'd just bring heat on himself either way from some people, but damn I'd love to hear his side!
I just got an email from The Menza Estate that said the pre orders have shipped and that his book will be released publicly Tuesday Dec 11th.
I'm not sure when I'll go pick it up. I'd like to next week but I'm not sure if I will. I know they did some re writing after Nick died. Putting things in that he had taken out. Not that it's made up, but things that would have caused a lot of shit. I wonder how different it will be.

I bet all Tom's cats hate him :D

Reactions: Slammed
I'd have to ask the question why he felt it should be removed but they now feel it should be there. Not saying they are going against his wished but if that's the way it happened it's not a big stretch to assume that.

Haha Maybe we can hope that Tom's cats start posting instead of him.

Haha. As long as you judge fairly I'm sure when you get on either Nick's or Dave's web pages and abuse them they will accept your point of view fairly.

I hope the cats are Celin Dion fans.

Dave would love to hear from you if you disagree with him, I'm sure of it.

2e78151b6b5997c64b77f5f902c75819.jpg

Well if it did Motorhead's version it's a little more acceptable. But yeah Tom Cat Araya would surely play something heavier :)

I just listened to the whole Metal Church album. Now I don't wanna be hasty and say it sucks but... The songs released for it are the best songs on there unfortunately. The only one that I'd go back to aside from the ones released is a song called (Into The Fold). And it gave me an old school Blessing In Disguise vibe. I liked that one right away.
As a whole, the guitar tone sucks, the solos are repetitive and sound like the guy should be playing lead for The Doors. Not a metal band. They are pretty much structured all the same and are a lot of lazy blues licks for the most part. Almost nothing fast. And not very imaginative.

I have no real complaints with the drums or the bass. The drums aren't Gene Hoglan but I wasn't sitting there thinking they were empty like the last album. But there is no stand out bass lines from what I could tell. The riffs aren't bad, but the weak tone of them pretty much strips any power from them and there is barely a song that keeps it's vibe all the way through. Some of this album sounds like it's very immature (change that to amateurish), like early 80's hard rock or straight up metal. Almost Quiet Riot'ish. And some of the vocals are actually cringe worthy. The song (Monkey Finger) stands out to me as pretty bad all around and barometer for what's bad about the album.
All in all the album lacks energy and frankly just plain old good songs and what it does do good is almost all ruined by the weak guitars. It's like either the vocal melodies are good and the music isn't so great or vice versa. It doesn't all pull together very often.

You know it kills me to give a review like this to this band who I was so happy.. unbelievably happy was back with Howe. But I guess this isn't the line up that made the magic. And Mike can only do so much with what he's given lol. I might change my mind on some of this. I did only listen once.
So some of this may change, I might get used to it and enjoy what I couldn't stand at first. But there are a lot of things that bothered me so I don't really know.
And of course personal preference has something to do with it. I like my music fast and ruthless, Or at least slow and menacing.
I'm sad now.

Last edited:
Wow that's not a good review. Doesn't make me keen to rush out and buy it either. Think I might have to download a preview copy before I make the decision to buy.

Damn that sucks! I had a bad feeling about this album.Oh well let’s keep our fingers crossed for the New Flotsam and Jetsam and Overkill!!!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed