The what's going on in Thrash thread

I'm listening to it now and I agree with redfly.

I got a real Badlands vibe from the opening few notes of The Black Things but it disappeared quickly.

There is no real stand outs here. The vocals kind of sound like they want to be harder and back to MC of old, although maybe that is because they are distinctive more than because of what they want to be. So far I'm not hearing anything great in the riffage or the drums.

There is a few moments where I get a glint of something more, something old, something heavy but it disappears quickly.

Revolution Underway almost seems poppy in parts.

Reactions: redfly
Damn that sucks! I had a bad feeling about this album.Oh well let’s keep our fingers crossed for the New Flotsam and Jetsam and Overkill!!!
Yeah man it's a huge letdown. I don't know what the fuck Kurdt is thinking. Flotsam already has this beat by a mile! And it really makes me appreciate what Testament does even more!

Reactions: Neptune
Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I'd rather think Foo Fighters than some of the stuff I was thinking with Metal Church. But yeah I think you're right. I don;t expect these two to make a super heavy thrash album but I do want something with a but more beef before I decide to buy it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I'd rather think Foo Fighters than some of the stuff I was thinking with Metal Church. But yeah I think you're right. I don;t expect these two to make a super heavy thrash album but I do want something with a but more beef before I decide to buy it.
God that Metal Church. I haven't been able to make myself spin it again yet.
I would think Bello and Jr would come up with something less generic.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune