The what's going on in Thrash thread

Really getting into Omicida at the moment. Both Defrauded Reign and Certain Death are a real nod to 80's thrash. The Slayer influence is obvious and the songs are pretty fucking relentless. Both albums are going on the next order.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Also going to buy Demolition Hammer on the next order, although I think I can get them locally so postage will be cheaper and quicker.

Reactions: redfly
No postage is always good! Which Demolition Hammer?

Although I think I prefer the first two I was going to get all three but it appears they aren't available locally so I might have to check the prices on Amazon

Gene posted this on FB not long ago. Apart from the fact that DA was also the most anticipated album of 2018 as well there is some interesting stuff listed.
http://www.worshipmetal.com/feature...e5oy-1BvWUVFrrfMXvvQDcNLtDcwXnz8zQ71PAbwwK9cc

I'll go new albums from Dark Angel, Sacred Reich and Sodom. Less excited about Heathen although I will give it a listen and Possesed, Acid Reign don't do much for me. But the rest of the list is interesting.

Possibles from Atrophy, Exhorder, DRI, and Exumer is something to look forward too, maybe even Savage Messiah (although their last effort was not great) and even possibly Coroner depending on how they sound these days.

But they are also right in saying there has been some good releases already this year with Dust Bolt, Insanity Alert, F&J, Overkill, Ravager, Black Mass, Oozing Wound, Chainbreaker and Indestructible Noise Command.

So what do you think the odds are that they make it this year. If they were on the list last year? lol
Glad flotsam's on the list!
I don't see the point in making a list for most anticipated, at list in order. Everyone has their favorites.

"thrashy thighs the most moist" ewww,

Reactions: Slammed
Well to be fair they have been on the list for the majority of the last 28 years so I don't think it matters any more. It's now a race as to whether Megadave can beat 28 years.

Apart from dicks who just want to hate because it's cool to do so when you're on the internet I don't think any thrash fan wouldn't put F&J on the list of decent releases for this year.

Haha, countdown time?

I hope so, If people gave it a shot and put F And J in I can't imagine they wouldn't be impressed. Unless you only like the Slayer really evil type of thrash.

Reactions: Slammed
I wouldn't mind betting half the haters don't even listen to it they just hate on it because of things F&J did in the past they don't like.

Speaking of Slayer like thrash I'm surprised how many bands are coming out at the moment that are like 80's Slayer. Not clones of the band like Gruesome is too Death but genuine sounding like they have come out of the 80's.