The what's going on in Thrash thread

To me a lot of these docos don't mean very much. Many of the stories are already told and it's not like they find anything earth shattering that hasn't already been exposed. Docos about one person or a band aren't so bad but even they get to a point were it's really just rehashed shit with new pictures.
Very true. There's nothing that hasn't been done a dozen times. Just seems like they are made by someone who wants an award.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Nope, I haven't got anything to top the one coffee effort above yet and it's nearly lunch time.

Reactions: redfly
There is a pic on FB of King Dave sitting in his throne before a selected bunch of peons wanting to learn the craft of the mighty. For some reason FB wont let me post the pic, but it looks like Dave's really working hard on that album he's making.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Woohoo!! Biggest news ever for Australia!!

Metal Church are coming!

We wait no longer… METAL CHURCH (USA) tour Australia for the First Time Ever!

A pummelling live show of legendary 80s Heavy Metal classics (Gods of Wrath, Metal Church, Watch the Children Play, Beyond the Black, Start the Fire) + Highlights from Damned If You Do.

Born out of the 80s West Coast metal scene, they remain one of Metal’s most iconic and genre defining bands.
In Melbourne they are playing a HUGE 300 capacity venue, be interesting to see how many spare tickets they are on the day of the gig

Woohoo!! Biggest news ever for Australia!!

Metal Church are coming!

We wait no longer… METAL CHURCH (USA) tour Australia for the First Time Ever!

A pummelling live show of legendary 80s Heavy Metal classics (Gods of Wrath, Metal Church, Watch the Children Play, Beyond the Black, Start the Fire) + Highlights from Damned If You Do.

Born out of the 80s West Coast metal scene, they remain one of Metal’s most iconic and genre defining bands.
In Melbourne they are playing a HUGE 300 capacity venue, be interesting to see how many spare tickets they are on the day of the gig
Oh man you guys will be ruined for all other shows!

Reactions: Slammed
Is that at Dave's house? And why weren't we invited?!

I presume it's the studio at his house. There was something about guitar lessons with a selected group. I figured we went invited because we have been mean to him about his new album and he does have a reputation for being a bit pissy when people upset him.

Oh man you guys will be ruined for all other shows!

Well 300 people will :)

Tickets are $50 each, even if they sell all 300 that's only $15,000. I think the other venues are bigger, but not by much so if you average out the three gigs it's $45,000 AUD that's $33,000 USD that's not much by the time they pay whatever else they have too from air fares to publicity to wages. (that doesn't take into account the $150 meet and greet buyers)

I know it costs money to tour down here and it takes time out of tours that could be happening in Europe or wherever (especially in August) but playing shitty suburban clubs is just pathetic. No doubt Metro Touring are scared to put them on anywhere but a tiny venues because MC are not the band the advertising claims them to be but given it's the first time here and many fans will still remember the 80's they are claiming the band will play, I'm sure they could get a 1000 capacity venue on side.

This is part of the reason bands don't tour here. MC may not be what they once were but a 300 capacity arena is horseshit and turns both the band and the punters off supporting gigs. Metro Touring are a fucked company, they talk big and they do get some decent bands but they are a bunch of pretend promoters not prepared to really take any risks, putting even an aged band like MC in 300 capacity arenas not even walking distance from the city and trains proves it.