The what's going on in Thrash thread

They must be doing a lot of small shows to make up for it? Or part of a bill? Are they really charging $150 for meets? They said they wouldn't do that. That they'd hang out at the merch tables for their shows.

Reactions: Slammed
3 shows, 3 states. Melbourne cap. 300, Sydney cap, 550, Brisbane cap. between 250 and 500 depending on where they put the stage,
We used to sell out bigger venues than that and we were pretty much unknown on the scene in Sydney and Brisbane. As a comparison Overkill sold out at least three venues last tour that were larger than MC can hope to play to with all three capacities added together.

I'm sure the meet and greet part is the promoter trying to cash in. MC wont argue with it I'm sure but nearly every gig we have has a meet and greet for an extra $100 per ticket. Years ago bands used to just come out and have a few beers with punters at the smaller venues but these days since the real fat cat promoters took over and sucked every cent out of the system it's been left to little promoters like Metro to do the same so they can cash in as much as they can.

Reactions: redfly
I wouldn't mind betting they are taking any chance they can get to get down here and give it a go. A successful tour could mean bigger venues next time, but shithead promoters wont take the chance for a first time tour despite making it sound like some kind of extravaganza on the poster.

There is shit loads of bands coming down here this year but I don't think any of them are playing such small venues. I think Dee Snider even played bigger venues triple the size as the ones MC are playing.

I wouldn't mind betting they are taking any chance they can get to get down here and give it a go. A successful tour could mean bigger venues next time, but shithead promoters wont take the chance for a first time tour despite making it sound like some kind of extravaganza on the poster.

There is shit loads of bands coming down here this year but I don't think any of them are playing such small venues. I think Dee Snider even played bigger venues triple the size as the ones MC are playing.
It does seem kinda weird they can't fill a bigger place...even with Damned If You Do :p

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah I'm a bit surprised by that but I suppose with a promoter that's not willing to take big risks they'll always do small venues so they have some chance to even make money if sales aren't great.

From memory I think Dee was playing 800(ish) seat rooms, but he did one singing and one talking in each location. I honestly didn't know we had any rooms as small as the one MC are playing in Melbourne. I thought rooms that small were considered pubs.

I suppose one thing they have going for them is that it's not a free gig at a Pizza shop like Skid Row did.

Must be an important pizza shop because I believe Phil Anselmo is playing the same place, although he's got another venue gig as well.

Not really a big pizza fan and I'm not sure about Mango habanero wings but I've suckered myself in for making wings this weekend. Father-in-laws secret recipe Chinese wings. Most of the woman in my wife's family claim to have the actual recipe he used but every one of them has something different and the only person he ever gave the actual recipe to was his youngest daughter.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Oh shit, it's the 22nd today. I went to the shops twice and both times forgot to buy Blackheads on Foreheads. Dammit I'll have to go without.