The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah me too man! They're not the same without him. The singer looks like the guy that played the winter soldier in Avengers.

I was thinking he we looking like a younger and skinnier Danzig with the straight black hair, the gloves and the dance moves.

Reactions: redfly
Listening to an album called End Of Chaos this morning. Talk about a terrible album so unfitting of their back catalogue, I'm going back to listen to Damned If You Do, now that is a classic album

Lol, oh no! how could something be that bad?! :tickled:
I've been listening to Chaos almost non stop lol

Speaking of MC I just a card from them in the mail. It's got the logo and it unfolds to a group photo that's autographed. And it says.
"Thank you for your continued support
And for being a part of our Metal Church family!
It means Everything to us!"

As you know. To say I'm not a supporter of the new album would be an understatement of galactic proportions!
But this is pretty fucking cool of a band to do. Especially one that can't be rolling in $$. This is the second time they've done this.
I can't think of another band that's done this. Have you had this happen before?

EDIT: this one has printed sigs. The first card had autographs in magic marker.

Reactions: Slammed
I gave Chaos a break and probably spent a month listening to other stuff because I thought I'd been listening to it too much.

It's a good sign that bands do things like that. I've heard quite a few people talk about bands on bandcamp offering little tokens of appreciation for continued support and often it's token worth as much or more than the original purchase. Back in the 90's Australian band Allegiance were like that, I ordered their live CD they sent me the CD some stickers and few posters. Then when I ordered the long sleeve shirt they sent me one with the logo printed down the sleeve in green which wasn't quite what I ordered but I didn't care it was close. Three weeks later I got a parcel with a new long sleeve shirt with a red logo and a personalised note telling me there was a fuck up at the printer and they hoped I would accept the new shirt with the clearer red logo as an apology....of course I told them to fuck off :)

Don't know if anyone is a fan of German thrash band Exumer, their two 80's albums were up there with the best of 80's thrash, their 2012 and 2016 I'm not sure about, but their most recent effort is a good album. It's probably not as good as Possessed By Fire but it is close.

I gave Chaos a break and probably spent a month listening to other stuff because I thought I'd been listening to it too much.

It's a good sign that bands do things like that. I've heard quite a few people talk about bands on bandcamp offering little tokens of appreciation for continued support and often it's token worth as much or more than the original purchase. Back in the 90's Australian band Allegiance were like that, I ordered their live CD they sent me the CD some stickers and few posters. Then when I ordered the long sleeve shirt they sent me one with the logo printed down the sleeve in green which wasn't quite what I ordered but I didn't care it was close. Three weeks later I got a parcel with a new long sleeve shirt with a red logo and a personalised note telling me there was a fuck up at the printer and they hoped I would accept the new shirt with the clearer red logo as an apology....of course I told them to fuck off :)
That's cool as hell, bands are awesome before they get to a certain level lol. I wish more bands would do things like this.
Did that band Allegiance stick around very long?

Don't know if anyone is a fan of German thrash band Exumer, their two 80's albums were up there with the best of 80's thrash, their 2012 and 2016 I'm not sure about, but their most recent effort is a good album. It's probably not as good as Possessed By Fire but it is close.
I have to go refresh my memory. I know I've heard them but I can't remember what songs.

That's cool as hell, bands are awesome before they get to a certain level lol. I wish more bands would do things like this.
Did that band Allegiance stick around very long?

I can only go by what I have heard but it does seem like some of those bandcamp bands really do like to support their fans. I don't know how you find the good ones that offer you freebies from the thousands that are out there but it seems that they are out there.

Allegiance were around about 7 years from 1990 they had 3 EP's, 2 albums (1 is as rare as rocking horse shit) and 1 live CD. There is also a VHS I believe they only sold through the fan club. They have reunited 3 times in the very early 2000's but not since.

Talking about bands not suited to each other. Allegiance were thrash bordering on death they toured with Slayer, Kreator and Fight to name a few, Rob Halford's management group managed them for overseas dealings and when they reunited in 2004 it was to support KISS :)

I can only go by what I have heard but it does seem like some of those bandcamp bands really do like to support their fans. I don't know how you find the good ones that offer you freebies from the thousands that are out there but it seems that they are out there.

Allegiance were around about 7 years from 1990 they had 3 EP's, 2 albums (1 is as rare as rocking horse shit) and 1 live CD. There is also a VHS I believe they only sold through the fan club. They have reunited 3 times in the very early 2000's but not since.

Talking about bands not suited to each other. Allegiance were thrash bordering on death they toured with Slayer, Kreator and Fight to name a few, Rob Halford's management group managed them for overseas dealings and when they reunited in 2004 it was to support KISS :)
Oh so they got around pretty well! Good for them :headbang:

Yeah it was a big piss off when they called it a day. Like Mortal Sin they were our bands that were getting some overseas popularity and helping other aussie bands get recognised. They were almost flying the thrash flag for this country. Mortal Sin lasted longer than Allegiance and produced more albums but they were both doing good things. Some people claimed that both Mortal Sin and Allegiance were shit but few of the bands that have replaced them have actually capitalised on the success those two bands had.

There is a "bring back allegiance" facebook page, but I don't think they are coming back.
Mortal Sin haven't officially broken up but at the same time none of them seem to like each other and every promise that they are getting back together only ever seems to be driven by one person.

Zetro, Hunting, Holt & Hunolt

According to the set list there is another three Exodus songs not on YT yet and three other songs for the encore that may or may not have these guys on it as well.

Zetro, Hunting, Holt & Hunolt

According to the set list there is another three Exodus songs not on YT yet and three other songs for the encore that may or may not have these guys on it as well.

Rick has done several of these types of things. I wonder what keeps him from coming back full time? I'm also not sure why he left in the first place.

Yeah he's popped up at a few festivals and apparently even filled in for Gary when Gary was filling in for some unknown band for a guy named Henneman. From what I've been able to make out it was wanting to be more involved with family that saw him leave and keeps him from returning full time.