The what's going on in Thrash thread

And yeah I’m pretty Fucking broke too!

Yeah I know the feeling, I'm not on struggle street yet but winter is fucked here, people close their wallets and hide their cash, then in summer they spend it on lattes, craft beer and man buns! I'd be fucked if I couldn't preview music before I could buy it because I'd have bought some absolute shit that I would have hated.

Reactions: redfly
I know some bands complain about spotify and bandcamp etc but for every band/muso that whinges it's opened the world up for other musos. Bandcamp is brilliant for finding new bands, you can preview an album, you can often buy it for only a few dollars if you want digital only. There is labels out there offering heaps of bands that normally wouldn't get heard without bandcamp and sure some of them are shit but there is some gems in amongst it. Buying the mainstays on physical media will not die as long as they keep offering it but in the times between those albums bandcamp works and gets the bands money from people that actually like them.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fr...s-from-playing-big-four-shows-with-metallica/

It's an interesting theory of his about gaining new fans from those Big 4 concerts. I don't doubt him bit it would be interesting to see if it's true. I'd have thought most of the people at those concerts and who bought the DVD's would have known who Anthrax was. I also think that in 2010 when it happened Anthrax was coming out of a few years where they weren't as popular as they could have been.

Yeah I wonder about that. I know in general most 'collectibles' go up in value but its Danzig really collectible to enough people. Is a band no one had heard of more collectible than Danzig. I suppose they have to be but for me I just don't see it in something like a Danzig album when his popularity is on the decrease.
You only need that one guy with money who collects. That's the beauty!

Reactions: Slammed
There is still only 5 comments on the post. I know Hatriot don't have a massive following but for fucks sake it's nearly 24 hours and June the 11 is not that far away tell us the reason for the post or fuck off. I agree it's bad for fans, I'm already very on the fence about a new album, playing around on FB like hormonal teenage girls does not make me any keener for it
I know, out of the whole band no one can respond? What does it take 10 seconds to make a FB post?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fr...s-from-playing-big-four-shows-with-metallica/

It's an interesting theory of his about gaining new fans from those Big 4 concerts. I don't doubt him bit it would be interesting to see if it's true. I'd have thought most of the people at those concerts and who bought the DVD's would have known who Anthrax was. I also think that in 2010 when it happened Anthrax was coming out of a few years where they weren't as popular as they could have been.
They must have seen some kind of surge in sales I guess. Would be interesting to know how much.

http://bravewords.com/news/if-you-w...-castle-tonight-dont-bring-these-banned-items

Jeezus! I know there has to be rules but what a list of banned shit. I don't know about anyone else but I don't leave home without my trident and if it's not accepted entry then neither am I.
Holy fucking shit! Some of it is understandable. But, food? water? Their already fleecing the shit out of you. So if you spent all your money on a ticket and can't afford $10 for water. You die of dehydration lol. This kind of shit is what's going to eventually kill these festivals. And yeah..no trident?! Pfff.

Yeah I know the feeling, I'm not on struggle street yet but winter is fucked here, people close their wallets and hide their cash, then in summer they spend it on lattes, craft beer and man buns! I'd be fucked if I couldn't preview music before I could buy it because I'd have bought some absolute shit that I would have hated.
Lol, man buns and rolfers on their art beds.

I know, out of the whole band no one can respond? What does it take 10 seconds to make a FB post?

As much as I hate it I understand why teenagers do it, they love the attention and they want people to ask them what is going on because simply telling some one something is soooooooo last year. But when bands do it I just don't understand.

They must have seen some kind of surge in sales I guess. Would be interesting to know how much.

Yeah I agree. Too call it a new generation of fans I kind of get the impression he's saying new fans from a younger generation coming up through the ages and discovering there was something before Metallica, but it's a bit hard to guess what he means.

Holy fucking shit! Some of it is understandable. But, food? water? Their already fleecing the shit out of you. So if you spent all your money on a ticket and can't afford $10 for water. You die of dehydration lol. This kind of shit is what's going to eventually kill these festivals. And yeah..no trident?! Pfff.

And no light sabers. What the fuck are people suppose to do if Darth Vader comes to the gig, they will be defenceless!

That's a point, in this day and age where saving the trees is a good thing they could have saved paper and ink and only written the two items you are allowed to carry.