The what's going on in Thrash thread

Not sure what the Megadeth artwork has to do with the show but Zetro and Jack are playing.

62337914_10157204721624707_3283861003007164416_n.jpg
Lol, someone's gonna get a cease and desist order.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Glad they added it, hope they add more. They sound really good overall. I still have my same old complaint tat Joey is over singing. But hey, small complaint I guess?

Yeah I agree, Joey's doing a good job doing what he is doing but there is too much over singing. I watched a few songs and they do seem quite tight and preforming the old songs well. There is some classic stuff in that show, one disappointment though is the lack of Indian headdress. I love the old Joey in the Hammersmith video from ATL where he dances around with the full headdress.

Reactions: redfly
Cool, will have to listen to that later. Supposed to be working can't be caught thrashing it out :)

Edit: Fuck work, it's only a few minutes.
That's pretty good, the vocals might need some work but it's definitely trashy and powerful.
I looked on the ST website and he's selling signed Overkill guitar picks for $100!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Hehe, yeah and since I work for myself in my own little room with only myself to annoy taking a few minutes out to listen to a new song shouldn't be an issue.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/84647...Hbz0xmmqHl61Of1IDNVzfD8U06k1jsfk0jzeWwMdcm6LU

Audio interview with Gene Hoglan in which he talks about Testament, Dark Angel, drummers royalties, riffing and tracking all the guitar parts he does and something he and his wife are doing.

Interesting the way he talks about helping do some riffs and tracking for the latest Testament but at the same time is still basically a session drummer paid to make the music sound cool. He's listened to but he spends more listening but it's all about the music. He lets management handle the business and he just enjoys the process of recording and inputting when asked.

As a mushroom drummer in Testament he thinks the album is finished and says the band was shooting for June 12 to finish recording. He thinks they are using Sneap but the album had to be recorded by mid-June to have a 2019 release date which is thinks the band are aiming for. But he also says he is not the spokesman and therefore is not going to give away anything more other than it will be a killer kick arse Testament album.

He talks about the new DA which they are currently writing for and have just added and e-kit to Jim's house so they can write more. They've been working on the writing and guitars but now with an e-kit they are moving further into the writing. They are demoing songs and hoping to hit the studio before the end of the year and an album release for early to mid 2020.

The project he's doing with his wife is at the recording and writing stage and he reckons the vocals are amazing and the riffs are difficult without singing over the top, he can't figure out how she is singing and playing. He says they can't come up with a name for they project yet so he's keeping quite on what they are doing exactly but it's a while off anyway.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/84647...Hbz0xmmqHl61Of1IDNVzfD8U06k1jsfk0jzeWwMdcm6LU

Audio interview with Gene Hoglan in which he talks about Testament, Dark Angel, drummers royalties, riffing and tracking all the guitar parts he does and something he and his wife are doing.

Interesting the way he talks about helping do some riffs and tracking for the latest Testament but at the same time is still basically a session drummer paid to make the music sound cool. He's listened to but he spends more listening but it's all about the music. He lets management handle the business and he just enjoys the process of recording and inputting when asked.

As a mushroom drummer in Testament he thinks the album is finished and says the band was shooting for June 12 to finish recording. He thinks they are using Sneap but the album had to be recorded by mid-June to have a 2019 release date which is thinks the band are aiming for. But he also says he is not the spokesman and therefore is not going to give away anything more other than it will be a killer kick arse Testament album.

He talks about the new DA which they are currently writing for and have just added and e-kit to Jim's house so they can write more. They've been working on the writing and guitars but now with an e-kit they are moving further into the writing. They are demoing songs and hoping to hit the studio before the end of the year and an album release for early to mid 2020.

The project he's doing with his wife is at the recording and writing stage and he reckons the vocals are amazing and the riffs are difficult without singing over the top, he can't figure out how she is singing and playing. He says they can't come up with a name for they project yet so he's keeping quite on what they are doing exactly but it's a while off anyway.
Sounds like a really good interview. I'll check it out later tonight :headbang:

Reactions: Slammed