The what's going on in Thrash thread

Cool, will have to listen to that later. Supposed to be working can't be caught thrashing it out :)

Edit: Fuck work, it's only a few minutes.
That's pretty good, the vocals might need some work but it's definitely trashy and powerful.
I looked on the ST website and he's selling signed Overkill guitar picks for $100!!!
$100 a pick?! What the absolute fuck?

Reactions: Slammed
I like it! Maybe the solo is a little lackluster to me, but overall good song. The singer still reminds me of Kreator. The guy just really brings a mood I really miss in Overkill!

Yeah there a bit of Kreator in those vox, but there is something else too. Will be interested to hear more and see if the singing changes.

Reactions: redfly
Sounds like a really good interview. I'll check it out later tonight :headbang:

It's long (60 mins) but it is quite good. He has quite a bit to say and the guy with the questions isn't a complete dumbarse asking stupid questions for a headline. Gene seems really down to earth and easy going and the interview flows well because of it.

It's long (60 mins) but it is quite good. He has quite a bit to say and the guy with the questions isn't a complete dumbarse asking stupid questions for a headline. Gene seems really down to earth and easy going and the interview flows well because of it.
Gene is usually a great interview. But the interviewer not being a numnutts is new! :p

I thought the same thing when I read it. I know there was money issues between him and Overkill but fuck that's serious cash for a guitar pick
You have to wonder how many he'll actually sell. I like how it always says he "departed" now. As far as I remember they fired him. I guess that is a kind of departing though :)

You have to wonder how many he'll actually sell. I like how it always says he "departed" now. As far as I remember they fired him. I guess that is a kind of departing though :)

I wonder that to, I wonder if he's answer the question in an email :)

It's departing he just doesn't admit that there was a foot up his arse and the door slammed behind him :)

Ehh! Either you like or you don’t!

I've kind of ignored that album and the promo from it because I thought I had enough DM in my life for now. But it's not too bad, I might have to look into it a bit further.

Currently listening to

Germany thrash, probably more in the vein of Sodom

Reactions: Neptune and redfly