The what's going on in Thrash thread

Could well be that I looked up a previous album of theirs. I know I don't own anything by them but later today when I get some quite time I'll give the new one a listen.Who knows maybe I did like it last time I just forgot to do anything about it.

Haha the dude really tries hard. Every other troll on there picks an easy topic, hate on Mustaine, hate on Bach, hate on Vince. Throw the easy ones out there where plenty of people will support even the dumbest of attacks. But that's not for John boy, oh no he takes the harder road and hits some weird colour argument that no one but him seems to understand. Keep fighting the good fight John boy, even if no one else understands why!

Interesting to see Gene's comments about Demonic. Even if that album is not a favourite of everyone it shows how weighed to several albums Testament shows have really been.

Reactions: redfly
Hahaha right?! Seek Help!

Yeah, I know it's type so it's hard to really get a hold of the way people say things but it sure kind of sounds like he's a little sick of just doing the songs from The Gathering and The Ritual and would like to mix things up. He sounds a little frustrated. I would love some stuff from Demonic!

Reactions: Slammed
At least it keeps him occupied :) Just like the fuckwits on the Vince Neil post. They were better behaved than I thought with their comments but there was still a few of them trying hard to make it about anything other than the topic. And what the hell is with the headline about Dave Mustaine being "Cancer stricken"? Sure we know he's got cancer but isn't that just a little bit of overkill?

Yeah I got the same impression with Gene's words. I can see his point, we've mentioned it often enough here too, but I guess if there is frustration from his point it does make it seem like he really is just a long term session drummer rather than a member of the band. But without knowing the dynamics of any of it obviously I'm only guessing.

At least it keeps him occupied :) Just like the fuckwits on the Vince Neil post. They were better behaved than I thought with their comments but there was still a few of them trying hard to make it about anything other than the topic. And what the hell is with the headline about Dave Mustaine being "Cancer stricken"? Sure we know he's got cancer but isn't that just a little bit of overkill?

Yeah I got the same impression with Gene's words. I can see his point, we've mentioned it often enough here too, but I guess if there is frustration from his point it does make it seem like he really is just a long term session drummer rather than a member of the band. But without knowing the dynamics of any of it obviously I'm only guessing.
He apparently has nothing else to occupy his time. To bad trolling isn't a paying gig.

Man I know! I thought the whole "Cancer stricken" headline was a pretty low thing to put up there. I mean wtf.

If I were Chuck and Eric I'd wanna keep Gene happy. His monster drumming skills seem to be equal with what a good guy he is. How many people are like that? Plus this will be his fourth studio album with them. Only Louie has more and only by one.

He apparently has nothing else to occupy his time. To bad trolling isn't a paying gig.

Man I know! I thought the whole "Cancer stricken" headline was a pretty low thing to put up there. I mean wtf.

If I were Chuck and Eric I'd wanna keep Gene happy. His monster drumming skills seem to be equal with what a good guy he is. How many people are like that? Plus this will be his fourth studio album with them. Only Louie has more and only by one.

If trolling paid well I reckon I'd take up Blabbermouth commenting. I wouldn't even care who or what side, I'd just argue against the mainstream thought :)

Yeah I associate cancer stricken as cancer taking over, lots of it, or even extremely serious but not with a 90% chance of recovery, just seems really stupid.

The other reason it would be worth keeping Gene is because there are so few alternatives. Sure there are other good drummers around but most of them have gigs, Gene makes time for Testament. Maybe he should get 100% say in everything but 98% would be fair. :)

Holy shit! That picture! Talk about young!
Lol, I'm no good at covers either. Only pieces.

Yeah it's amazing how young they were. I actually remember thinking at the time that they were too young so they couldn't have been that good and it took me until Act III to think about them as a real band :)

This was posted on FB not long ago. Looks like some packed the bearded grin machine in their luggage for the trip to Mexico. (Kerry must have let him go!)

69489371_10157419203174707_2564805816058118144_n.jpg

If trolling paid well I reckon I'd take up Blabbermouth commenting. I wouldn't even care who or what side, I'd just argue against the mainstream thought :)

Yeah I associate cancer stricken as cancer taking over, lots of it, or even extremely serious but not with a 90% chance of recovery, just seems really stupid.

The other reason it would be worth keeping Gene is because there are so few alternatives. Sure there are other good drummers around but most of them have gigs, Gene makes time for Testament. Maybe he should get 100% say in everything but 98% would be fair. :)
I could set myself up pretty good just trolling him :heh:

Yeah that's what I think of when I hear "stricken" too. Blabber is ok with doing that. But they change the pic on that chick from Arch Enemy because apparently everyone is scared of her and the manager lol. For the life of me I can't understand how that band has fans.

I wonder why they never asked Lombardo after Paul left. It doesn't seem like he cares if he works in a band the size of Slayer or not. He's really the only guy I could in that slot if Gene ever left.
Just make Gene full partner. That outta sit well with Greg.

I could set myself up pretty good just trolling him :heh:

Yeah that's what I think of when I hear "stricken" too. Blabber is ok with doing that. But they change the pic on that chick from Arch Enemy because apparently everyone is scared of her and the manager lol. For the life of me I can't understand how that band has fans.

I wonder why they never asked Lombardo after Paul left. It doesn't seem like he cares if he works in a band the size of Slayer or not. He's really the only guy I could in that slot if Gene ever left.
Just make Gene full partner. That outta sit well with Greg.

John would be an easy troll, he doesn't ever seem to have a come back for his shit, he just keeps saying the same thing over and over again.

Blabber is the TMZ of metal reporting :) Is the Arch Enemy chick the one that got shitty over pictures of her being published by a photographer who actually had the rights to post it but the manager claimed otherwise?

I think Lombardo was a little tainted after the Slayer split. Innocent or guilty his talent was over shadowed by the stories. I think it took a few years for that too change. I agree he's one of the few who could take over from Gene. If Gene was partner he might get a say in what songs get played, we can't have that in case we get some variety on stage :)

John would be an easy troll, he doesn't ever seem to have a come back for his shit, he just keeps saying the same thing over and over again.

Blabber is the TMZ of metal reporting :) Is the Arch Enemy chick the one that got shitty over pictures of her being published by a photographer who actually had the rights to post it but the manager claimed otherwise?

I think Lombardo was a little tainted after the Slayer split. Innocent or guilty his talent was over shadowed by the stories. I think it took a few years for that too change. I agree he's one of the few who could take over from Gene. If Gene was partner he might get a say in what songs get played, we can't have that in case we get some variety on stage :)
I read the story about the photographer. AE really sound like a bunch of assholes. Especially the singer and manager.
Man Blabber really is getting worse and worse. There's so much crap on there that isn't metal now and not even really rock.

Really? you think that he was tainted? I don't know, I sorta feel like Dave is a bit untouchable his work to me overshadows anything else. Maybe if he had a history of that kind of thing I would totally agree. It is what it is? :tickled:

I read the story about the photographer. AE really sound like a bunch of assholes. Especially the singer and manager.
Man Blabber really is getting worse and worse. There's so much crap on there that isn't metal now and not even really rock.

Really? you think that he was tainted? I don't know, I sorta feel like Dave is a bit untouchable his work to me overshadows anything else. Maybe if he had a history of that kind of thing I would totally agree. It is what it is? :tickled:

When there is an article where KK can actually blame you for cherry picking headlines and be right you know things are on a downward slide.

I only think he was tainted because no other band wanted to be seen to be taking sides in the argument. His talent and ability was always there and he could have sat in for pretty much any drummer but with the media trying to make such a scene of the break up and neither Slayer or Dave really opening up to them offering Dave a seat immediately could easily have been detrimental. The shit would have blown over with time but to some degree even when it was announced that he was taking the stool for Suicidal there was some news sites trying to dig up shit about the Slayer break up and refusing to focus on what Dave could offer to his new job. It still happens today at times but thankfully there is more focus on what he can do rather than what might have happened in the back ground of a previous band.