The what's going on in Thrash thread

Going to get hold of a copy of the new Entombed AD album later and see how it sounds.
Entombed's Left Hand Path seems to be a huge favourite among the death metal crowd but I was never a huge fan, however Entombed AD's two albums I have liked.

Reactions: redfly
Going to get hold of a copy of the new Entombed AD album later and see how it sounds.
Entombed's Left Hand Path seems to be a huge favourite among the death metal crowd but I was never a huge fan, however Entombed AD's two albums I have liked.
Yeah I only know sporadic songs. Let me know how you like it. :cool:

Reactions: Slammed
I was looking at M-A release list before and there is about 40 albums listed for release on the 30th of August and pretty much none of them are jumping out at me and telling me to buy them, not even the thrash bands.

The list on M-A is pretty extensive and lists shit loads of bands, they also list indie releases, bandcamp releases and pretty much anything anyone else is willing to update.

I think most of it relies on users input that's why there is so many bands listed on the site. I know their review section is all user contributed, but I think they now limit who can suggest new bands for listing.

https://www.therockpit.net/2019/int...WH5uPMd49uHOFi40Ls7dGVJ4uA7BxxT7FwjW9P87ZTIhc

Gene always comes off as a decent guy in any interview.

I've got a copy of the Almighty Punchdrunk album he talks about, not sure I remember it as fondly as him but I do remember thinking it was pretty cool when I first heard it, bad sound and all. Mechanism was okay too, but Dark Angel still beats all. Funny to think the first 'official' recording this guy did was on Slayer's Show No Mercy three years before the first DA album.

I love that Ron's favourite DA album is the one he didn't appear on, Darkness Descends might have broken a lot of ground but Time Does Not Heal is still a classic and one of the most riff heavy albums every produced (apparently something like 250 separate riffs on that album).

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
A lot of good interviews coming out of Australia lately.
I don't know Almighty Punchdrunk or Mechanism. I'll have to check them out.

I'm not sure what it says that none of the bands or albums he listed as his craziest or favorite are from Testament lol.
Hopefully he changes that with the new album. Honestly I've felt his drumming with Testament has had a bit to much finesse not enough brutal. I know he likes to compliment the music but let the guitars finesse and let him do the pounding.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
My copy of Almighty Punchdrunk has very poor sound, I figured I'd just been given a copy of a copy of a copy etc but it appears from what Gene has said it was a rare and fairly crappy release anyway. I'll have to dig it out and have a listen but I seem to remember it being a canned audience live type recording. Mechanism is a lot more refined and sounds a lot more professional.

Maybe Gene doesn't see the Testament albums as faves because he had less to do with the entire package. It seems from recent interviews he's suggesting that he just rocks up and plays drums, records when they ask then leaves. With the likes of Devy and everything else he's done I think he's been a lot more involved.

I'm glad they've used him for more of the building of the next album this time. Hopefully if it's as good as I think it will be we will see a new era of collaboration with the band.

Give he's been with the band so long you'd definitely hope they've given him more room to swing his talents because by the sound of it he has quite a few of them.

From what I can gather pretty much everything other than Testament he's worked on more than just the drums, although I don't ever specifically remember seeing his name attributed to any riff, solo, or tune just the song in general.

I don’t think Redfly will like this type of Of epic power metal,but just passing along this offering!

Seems I've looked up that band before because they are in my browser history. I wonder if I liked them last time I looked?