The what's going on in Thrash thread

Eradikator have a new album called Obscura out on bandcamp that you can listen too at 192kbps

I haven't listened to it yet but Divebomb records have some really cool looking albums listed on bandcamp.

Reactions: redfly
I went through the entire list on the Divebomb/Tribunal bandcamp page and the top half has a bucket load of 80's and 90's bands that released either demos or albums and never had mainstream success. There is a few names I remember and a few bands with a decent pedigree of playing with the big names. It's almost a treasure chest of old shit that is getting streamed and re-released. Going to take me a while to listen to all the bands I'm interested in but that's what Bandcamp is for. Looks like quite a few of the albums are cheap too and without having a huge connection to the bands in question I don't mind spending a few bucks on digital tracks that are long out of print.

I went through the entire list on the Divebomb/Tribunal bandcamp page and the top half has a bucket load of 80's and 90's bands that released either demos or albums and never had mainstream success. There is a few names I remember and a few bands with a decent pedigree of playing with the big names. It's almost a treasure chest of old shit that is getting streamed and re-released. Going to take me a while to listen to all the bands I'm interested in but that's what Bandcamp is for. Looks like quite a few of the albums are cheap too and without having a huge connection to the bands in question I don't mind spending a few bucks on digital tracks that are long out of print.
I'm such a slacker. I still just barely checked out Bandcamp. I hate that coo stuff is out of print. But very cool you can get it digitally.

Reactions: Slammed
Bandcamp is essentially just a site where bands and labels stream their music and throw up information about themselves. It's lower bit rate music but it can be purchased at a higher bit rate. It's massive in size and I've tried several times to 'search' for things without success. There is no doubt pages like Divebomb that list a hundred or so albums are easier to look at than specific searching.

Bandcamp is essentially just a site where bands and labels stream their music and throw up information about themselves. It's lower bit rate music but it can be purchased at a higher bit rate. It's massive in size and I've tried several times to 'search' for things without success. There is no doubt pages like Divebomb that list a hundred or so albums are easier to look at than specific searching.
What is the best bit rate?

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/s...wn-newsted-project-because-it-cost-him-a-ton/

I've heard this story before from Newstead himself and I still think it sucks a lot because I liked his album and EP. I don't think Jason ever expected Metallica success when he left the band but I think he deserved more support than he got.
Yeah it's a real shame. It's one of those things that was probably going to get better and better. I don't know why he felt he had to pay for everything himself except maybe he wanted to skip the whole building your band up process.

Yeah it's a real shame. It's one of those things that was probably going to get better and better. I don't know why he felt he had to pay for everything himself except maybe he wanted to skip the whole building your band up process.

Yeah it's confusing. He might not have expected Metallica success but I would have thought the labels would still have thrown some money at him.

Yeah it's confusing. He might not have expected Metallica success but I would have thought the labels would still have thrown some money at him.
Yeah me too. Maybe they did but he thought he could handle it all himself and then realized what doing everything at the level he wanted really means. Just speculation of course. :)

Ah, Ok. I have zero idea about that stuff lol.

I don't know heaps and heaps about it but I do know that streaming is less kbps and sometimes buying the physical copies can be expensive. There is one band I know of that sells physical copies on bandcamp but because the label is German (or European of some kind) to get a physical copy costs something like $25 yet I could drive to the band's house and pick my own copy up if they sold them direct. However when it comes to really old stuff that's out of print in some cases it's the only option there is other than digital copies.

Yeah me too. Maybe they did but he thought he could handle it all himself and then realized what doing everything at the level he wanted really means. Just speculation of course. :)

Yeah I really don't know what to think. The music seemed solid enough to stand up on it's own and I don't think he relied on Metallica, or the other bands he'd been in, to support his set. I do however think it didn't get the publicity it should have, whether that is the label's fault, his, or the media I don't know.

Yeah I really don't know what to think. The music seemed solid enough to stand up on it's own and I don't think he relied on Metallica, or the other bands he'd been in, to support his set. I do however think it didn't get the publicity it should have, whether that is the label's fault, his, or the media I don't know.
I'm not sure I remember right. Was it his own label? I know at least Blabber and BW covered the band pretty well. But I was surprised how little it sold.

I don't know if it was his label but they only released a few things and his album and a Voivod album were two of those things.
He's reported that he's got more music but he's not ready to release it so maybe money/costs weren't the only issue.

Well he did cite that he had too much on to continue Newstead so I imagine jamborees were one of those things :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...-feeling-very-positive-regarding-my-progress/

Dave's offering up so good news but those fuckwits at Blabber still insist on using the words cancer stricken.

It really is a pity that there isn't a better site out there for news because these fuckwits really do make a mockery of the headlines. And their selective quoting just to get comments is shit too. The article about Dave Lombardo has to be one of the worst for a long time. I'm sure in the full interview he spoke about something other than Slayer yet because of what they re-wrote he comes off like the ex band member who can't stop talking about the band he claims to not want to talk about.