The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah man I agree completely. It's a really low blow and pretty pathetic to get clicks that way. This isn't some make fun of how fat Vince Neil is story.

I wish there was a good alterative to Blabber. That Lombardo thing is just lazy. They're still filling space to get comments anyway they can.

Reactions: Slammed
I suppose if we hunted out all the sources Blabber use we'd get the stories for ourselves but the truth is no matter how much BS Blabber deliver us they do manage to do it in a convenient way.

Reactions: redfly
TMZ proved it was possible for Hollywood news by the headline, I guess Blabber just followed the same business plan

Interesting to see that Bravewords ran the same story on Dave Lombardo but they reported nothing about his fight with Slayer or made him look like a sad sap who only talks about his old band.

http://bravewords.com/features/bobb...erkill-they-have-to-lay-in-the-mess-they-made

I honestly never followed the fight between Bobby and Overkill but this "they made their bed they have to lie in it" shit makes him sound like a sook who is missing out on something but is trying to convince the world he's not.

I also disagree with his comment about the super intense heavy metal name. Satan's Taint is not something I consider super intense. It doesn't completely suck but at the same time I certainly wouldn't have named my band that.

http://bravewords.com/features/bobb...erkill-they-have-to-lay-in-the-mess-they-made

I honestly never followed the fight between Bobby and Overkill but this "they made their bed they have to lie in it" shit makes him sound like a sook who is missing out on something but is trying to convince the world he's not.

I also disagree with his comment about the super intense heavy metal name. Satan's Taint is not something I consider super intense. It doesn't completely suck but at the same time I certainly wouldn't have named my band that.
Uh yeah, super heavy intense name. I'm just not so sure about that. I also don't know what he means about "they made their bed they have to lay in the mess they made" sure maybe the first four records are the fan favorites but they're doing fine. If he'd done what he's doing now back when they fired him he'd be doing just fine too.
I understand he's a little bitter and don't blame him really. But the way he talks isn't flattering to himself.

I think a phone call between all of them could settle a lot of shit. I'd love for him to be back in Overkill.

I wish someone would tell him the production on his album sucks.

I didn't know there was a Skullkrusher II on the album. I need to hear it.

The only thing I ever heard about the fight was that Bobby G and DD weren't getting along and Blitz had to choose.

Uh yeah, super heavy intense name. I'm just not so sure about that. I also don't know what he means about "they made their bed they have to lay in the mess they made" sure maybe the first four records are the fan favorites but they're doing fine. If he'd done what he's doing now back when they fired him he'd be doing just fine too.
I understand he's a little bitter and don't blame him really. But the way he talks isn't flattering to himself.

I think a phone call between all of them could settle a lot of shit. I'd love for him to be back in Overkill.

I wish someone would tell him the production on his album sucks.

I didn't know there was a Skullkrusher II on the album. I need to hear it.

I don't know enough about him and what he's been doing but he certainly comes off as the bitter one with that interview. I don't remember Blitz or anyone every speaking poorly of him. Maybe they did after the split but we are twenty years on and surely if there was ex-band member shit to sling around from Blitz and Co Blabber would have found it by now.

I have to say Skullcrusher II couldn't have been that memorable, I don't specifically remember anything about it but I remember the original.

Track 5

I don't know enough about him and what he's been doing but he certainly comes off as the bitter one with that interview. I don't remember Blitz or anyone every speaking poorly of him. Maybe they did after the split but we are twenty years on and surely if there was ex-band member shit to sling around from Blitz and Co Blabber would have found it by now.

I have to say Skullcrusher II couldn't have been that memorable, I don't specifically remember anything about it but I remember the original.

Track 5

No they never really have. All parties were pretty quite about each other until a couple years ago when Bobby G said something about not getting his dues monetarily. Someone asked Blitz and Blitz just said they don't air their laundry. Bobby has made a couple comments here and there since then. But probably not as much as he could or seems like he might want to.

Thanks. I'll check this out. the original is one of my favs.

One thing I keep finding funny is the interviewer says he's known for his thrash but the new stuff has touches of groove and doom. I think The Years Of Decay already had that stuff. I find Booby G's work very Sabbath doomy.

No they never really have. All parties were pretty quite about each other until a couple years ago when Bobby G said something about not getting his dues monetarily. Someone asked Blitz and Blitz just said they don't air their laundry. Bobby has made a couple comments here and there since then. But probably not as much as he could or seems like he might want to.

Thanks. I'll check this out. the original is one of my favs.

One thing I keep finding funny is the interviewer says he's known for his thrash but the new stuff has touches of groove and doom. I think The Years Of Decay already had that stuff. I find Booby G's work very Sabbath doomy.

Oh I remember Blitz saying that. I remember thinking that it was a good way to handle things because as bitter as thing could be no fan needs to hear that kind of shit.

Yeah I don't think thrash when I hear his stuff either. I like some doom and I do like groove but there is still something about Bobby's album that doesn't resonate with me.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
There is a thrash metal band from Germany releasing their debut album today. Their name is Detraktor and Metal Archives listen them as Thrash, but lists their lyrical themes as Thrash and Tractors. I'm not sure if someone is being silly with their name or they really do write thrash metal about tractors. I've always considered tractors to be more of a country music topic.

Here's a piece of useless trivia. Peace Sells and State Of Euphoria were released on the same day two years apart. Peace in 86 and SOE in 88.

There is a thrash metal band from Germany releasing their debut album today. Their name is Detraktor and Metal Archives listen them as Thrash, but lists their lyrical themes as Thrash and Tractors. I'm not sure if someone is being silly with their name or they really do write thrash metal about tractors. I've always considered tractors to be more of a country music topic.
Haha, umm. Really? Yeah that's for sure a country topic!