The what's going on in Thrash thread

Oh yeah? Well that's something I guess!

They aren't on tour right now (I don't think) there was an interview with the whole band and an interview with Scott about his tour rig or something. Surely they are doing something about the album. Again it's a case of too much talk not enough action. I also think they started talking about it way too early especially given they knew they had the Slayer support slot which was going to take months.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah that and his line ups seem to be of the come and go type.

He does seem to talk an awful lot about "me" when it comes to the band and the record.
I know Zakk has always said BLS is a band of who turns up and he's happy to have different players at any gig or the studio. Annihilator seems to be something similar only Jeff hasn't said it in as many words.

They aren't on tour right now (I don't think) there was an interview with the whole band and an interview with Scott about his tour rig or something. Surely they are doing something about the album. Again it's a case of too much talk not enough action. I also think they started talking about it way too early especially given they knew they had the Slayer support slot which was going to take months.
Oh for sure they started talking too soon. I feel like it's been at least two years of "aggressive album" I don't know what's been the real holdup. Probably Charlie has been, ahem...bus, with the chick from Butcher Babies :)

Reactions: Slammed
They did spend a fair bit of time on tour with Slayer and I think they even did Europe with Slayer so that takes out a fair chunk. But even without the Slayer tour I think they should have remained quite about the album until they actually had something. I remember Charlie and Scott talking about songs they'd written and how heavy they were sounding, yet they haven't even given us a snippet of those songs. Surely if they wanted to keep fans interested they would offer something up.

Maybe they think that with Slayer retiring they will inherit fans because of the Big 4 so they don't need to keep them happy :)

Charlie needs to change the sticks he plays with!

A bit of straight out Suicidal worship only these guys sing about 80's horror movies and other weird shit

And they wear goofy masks too :)

They have some silly titles
Thrash After Death EP
Thrashing The Law EP
Songs like
Chucky, Die Hard 3, Kindergarten Cop, Gremlin's Night, Revenge On John (Mclain) and Scanners which are obviously song about movies
Then there is silly stiff like
Eternal Darkness Of The Fucked Up Mind, Civilized To Death, Life Sucks, You're Not The Law, My Brain Is For Sale, I Need Thrash (Not You), and Kerry Burger King.

They are a bit goofy and fun and while their early stuff is straight out ST worship by the time they get to their fourth album it's a lot more than that, there is Slayer, Megadeth, ST, the whole shit pile but still with the fun and groove of ST. I'm about to order what I can of their back catalogue.

LP's and CD's it is. Realistically it's too big and I have stopped buying DVD's unless they are real must haves because I just don't sit down in front of the TV these days. Most of my music I've ripped onto my hard drives so I can listen to them in the office but my wife started a new job last week which means I'm going to be able to make more noise around the house so the originals will start to get played again.

I don't even have my stuff on show. I've built drawers for them all so they are out of sight. They are matched furniture with the tv/stereo cabinet and I've got room to make one more which I think happens just before my wife calls an intervention and locks me in a room without an internet connection so I can't order anything else.

The cover of Quiet Riot's Mental Health would probably resemble what she would do to me when I do end up needing another drawer/cabinet for cd's :)