The what's going on in Thrash thread

Jeez, that is a long show!

Makes me think Joey is capable of more if the others in Anthrax let it be. For a while I thought Joey might have been the thing holding them back because his voice isn't what it used to be but if he can sing and play drums for that long then I don't think he's the problem on the Anthrax stage.

Reactions: redfly
Hell yeah. I know I would! As long as it doesn't try to drown me that is.

Nah they aren't that bad. I'm guessing the pic is at the Sydney zoo so those roos would be used to people, they probably wouldn't even try to punch people. :)

I've wondered for years if Kerry's chains are actually real. I know the toughness factor would be lessened if they weren't but it's a shitty dead weight to be hanging from you for several hours a night and would be annoying belting in to you all the time. Then again that beard is long enough to get in the way of his playing sometimes too so who knows :)

Possibly reading too much into it but the FB post does specifically say "Slayer will begin The Final Campaign, the last leg of its Final World Tour on November 2, wrapping up its touring career with two shows at The Forum in Los Angeles on November 29 and 30." If it's only the touring career then there is hope for more Slayer in some form
It would be hilarious if those chains started waving in the breeze and he was caught :p

Makes me think Joey is capable of more if the others in Anthrax let it be. For a while I thought Joey might have been the thing holding them back because his voice isn't what it used to be but if he can sing and play drums for that long then I don't think he's the problem on the Anthrax stage.
Yeah that would take a lot of stamina vocally, and then add in the drums? I'll have what he's having!

Reactions: Slammed
It would be hilarious if those chains started waving in the breeze and he was caught :p

Dammit Blabbermouth might be reading this and tomorrow there is going to be an article about Kerry's fake chains. I've condemned Slayer to Blabbermouth mockery which could see their career end!

Because even when your Dark Angel you don't come to Australia and not get a selfie with a kangaroo!!

70827925_2576635835728858_8600974663700447232_n.jpg
Weirdly enough I've had that Aussie song "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" stuck in my head for a few days now. No idea why lol.

Weirdly enough I've had that Aussie song "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" stuck in my head for a few days now. No idea why lol.

OOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO! People get frowned upon for singing that song now, the guy who wrote it is a convicted sex offender. He's had most of his honours removed and I'm not sure if he's even been let out of jail yet.

Oh no shit? Lol. I had no idea. I don't know anything about him and the only thing I remember from being little is the chorus. But hey, it's not the songs fault! After all...they still sell VW bugs! :tickled:

Yeah it's weird how some people suddenly call for the removal of what people did when they get charged with something, especially something bad like kiddie fiddling. It's not like the guy didn't write the song, it's not like he didn't get praise an accolades for what he did, that all happened, trying to delete it from history is pointless.
Mind you the same guy also wrote a song called Jake The Peg about a guy with an extra leg, maybe in hindsight we really know what he was talking about these days!

He lives in England now (even if he's not in jail) so most people here don't even acknowledge his existence any more.

Great 20 more years added to the train wreck. It's the single largest humanitarian disaster ever! :rofl:

Hey! Hoff will be #1 in Germany. You'll see!

It's funny how not long back Hoglan said he could be drumming into his 70's and everyone was cheering. Lars says the same thing and everyone groans. :) In some ways I think Lars has more chance of making it that Gene simply because he doesn't work half as hard. Unless of course that protein powder Gene's selling really is the miracle of life.

People are already talking about the album, it probably will happen. I thought I read somewhere that he'd even branched out into metal for this album but looking at the track list I didn't recognise anything metal.

It's funny how not long back Hoglan said he could be drumming into his 70's and everyone was cheering. Lars says the same thing and everyone groans. :) In some ways I think Lars has more chance of making it that Gene simply because he doesn't work half as hard. Unless of course that protein powder Gene's selling really is the miracle of life.

People are already talking about the album, it probably will happen. I thought I read somewhere that he'd even branched out into metal for this album but looking at the track list I didn't recognise anything metal.
Yeah it's hard to say. Gene has been at a super level his whole career so it's normal for him. He never looks winded or worn. Lars has been a slacker for about 30 years, so that's normal for him. But Lars will just keep cutting anything hard and exertive out as he goes. But my bets are still on Gene lol.

I know people on Blabber were actually likening that song Hoff put out a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure it was metal though. Kinda sounded like it might have been punk or new wave. But I never listened to it. Either way. We know he has a Euro fan base. :rolleyes: