The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's good to see people asking about the Bitner/Overkill/F&J connection and how everyone feels. I've been worried that whilst on tour (for the second time) there has been unresolved tension that has been upsetting things. :)

I wonder what happened to the new F&J album that was mostly written when they released Chaos. I don't blame them for making 2020 a big tour year, it might be what they need to start getting more recognition, but I want that album and there is no mention of it.
I hope it's still going to come out too, I want it. I still can't find the merch site they said was going to be up in a few days. And the interview they mentioned it in was already two weeks old. Now it's a couple months old and nothing.

Whoa shit, Metallica just cancelled their entire Oz/Nz tour, 2 weeks out from the start of it.

Hetfield is the excuse, apparently he's going back into rehab. I wonder if Lars wants to revisit his comment regarding playing for another 20 years.
Lol. Yup I wondered the same thing! I thought he was looking pretty bloated lately. I was watching a vid from that Big 4 tour yesterday. The change is amazing and terrifying. Maybe they shouldn't be putting out Alcohol?

Reactions: Slammed
Lol. Yup I wondered the same thing! I thought he was looking pretty bloated lately. I was watching a vid from that Big 4 tour yesterday. The change is amazing and terrifying. Maybe they shouldn't be putting out Alcohol?

It's an interesting thought, although like the watches and everything else chances are they don't have to do much to sell booze. But at very least it's a bad advertisement that a band with a lead singer in rehab is pushing booze.

Reactions: redfly
If any of those stands fall in the audience someone's gonna be in trouble!

Even if they were plastic (and they may be) they could cause damage. It's an interesting visual for the stage but I am surprised they use them no matter what they are made of. Although the concert was filmed in Antwerp maybe they don't care about people's safety there :)

It's an interesting thought, although like the watches and everything else chances are they don't have to do much to sell booze. But at very least it's a bad advertisement that a band with a lead singer in rehab is pushing booze.
I just imagine having you're own alcohol would be very fun for someone like him and very easy to get way to into.

I just imagine having you're own alcohol would be very fun for someone like him and very easy to get way to into.

They haven't said what his substance of choice is this time but maybe he doesn't like Aussie beer so he decided it was a better time to go into rehab now rather than later :)

It is interesting just how many bands have booze out now and how many of those bands have had alcohol issues in their career.

Even if they were plastic (and they may be) they could cause damage. It's an interesting visual for the stage but I am surprised they use them no matter what they are made of. Although the concert was filmed in Antwerp maybe they don't care about people's safety there :)
Seems like an accident waiting to happen. But eh..Antwerp :saint:

Okay I can see this is a noble cause but seriously is this the best Anthrax can do for them?
Yes, it might be an unreleased show, if it's not on YT, but it's a fund for American first responders, surely they could have done an actual gig for them like so many other bands have done, and surely they could have given people something other than Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

71658211_10157251008200469_1045783528228257792_n.jpg

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...that-risk-album-wasnt-connecting-with-people/

Hey look it's just what you didn't know you wanted...an interview about the Risk album. It has all sorts of new and relevant information like they knew the record wasn't working, they decided to go back to being a thrash band, Marty left because of the choice. I can't believe this news has been held in the vault for so long and can only now be talked about!!

Okay I can see this is a noble cause but seriously is this the best Anthrax can do for them?
Yes, it might be an unreleased show, if it's not on YT, but it's a fund for American first responders, surely they could have done an actual gig for them like so many other bands have done, and surely they could have given people something other than Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

71658211_10157251008200469_1045783528228257792_n.jpg
Yeah it's pretty cool but how much do they expect to get from this? I think a show would have pulled in more money.

Yeah it's pretty cool but how much do they expect to get from this? I think a show would have pulled in more money.

I agree. I like the artwork but I'm not buying a single of really old songs, one of which is a cover they don't even do that great just for the artwork. Maybe they haven't got anything new to offer but in this day and age where pretty much everything is recorded even if they didn't organise a specific gig for it you'd think they could have offered a full live album. It makes this album feel more like a good gesture than an actual benefit to the cause.

Haha yeah. Skip.

You didn't even read it did you?
*shakes head*
Someone went to an awful lot of trouble to research, write questions, secure a time with David, ask questions, type it all up and then present it as something new and you didn't even read it. I hope you feel suitably ashamed of yourself. Now off with you and buy a copy of Risk to show David you still support the cause!

I agree. I like the artwork but I'm not buying a single of really old songs, one of which is a cover they don't even do that great just for the artwork. Maybe they haven't got anything new to offer but in this day and age where pretty much everything is recorded even if they didn't organise a specific gig for it you'd think they could have offered a full live album. It makes this album feel more like a good gesture than an actual benefit to the cause.
Yeah it's like they did as little as possible. And they're a NY band smh.

You didn't even read it did you?
*shakes head*
Someone went to an awful lot of trouble to research, write questions, secure a time with David, ask questions, type it all up and then present it as something new and you didn't even read it. I hope you feel suitably ashamed of yourself. Now off with you and buy a copy of Risk to show David you still support the cause!
Hahaha! You're right I buy the albums over and over again when they're re released I should do the same with the interviews.

Yeah it's like they did as little as possible. And they're a NY band smh.

I didn't check out how much the single is selling for but I imagine it's not much so they first responders probably wont be getting much.