The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's at a stalemate at the moment, if she needs another bookshelf I need more CD/LP/DVD storage :)

Reactions: redfly
Maybe. It can't be a point scoring thing, well atleast not an obvious point scoring thing. It's okay giving a few points away as long as she always THINKS she has more points you'll get your points.

The new Exhorder is a great album. I much prefer this to Sacred Reich and that hurts a bit to say that because I was always a bigger SR fan than Exhorder

The solos, in fact the whole album sounds like it could have been taken from the recording sessions of Slaughter In The Vatican. It's distinct enough in it's sound to be different but there is no mistaking it's old school Exhorder and they didn't try to 'modernise' their sound. There is only one song on the album that I think they went a little too far with and while it doesn't suck I don't think it will ever be a favourite either.

I think it's well worth it. It may not be album of the year but it's definitely a good album.

The opening to the new Slayer DVD.

Tom's really not moving that much on stage these days.
Gary must have a rubber neck.
Kerry's beard is going to take over the world!

Edit: looks like it can only be watched on FB for some reason

Because even when your Dark Angel you don't come to Australia and not get a selfie with a kangaroo!!

70827925_2576635835728858_8600974663700447232_n.jpg

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
The opening to the new Slayer DVD.

Tom's really not moving that much on stage these days.
Gary must have a rubber neck.
Kerry's beard is going to take over the world!

Edit: looks like it can only be watched on FB for some reason

Yeah Tom seems to really be needing retirement. Maybe his neck is acting up again. I wonder what weighs more. Kerry's beard or his chains?!
Hopefully they'll still do some recording.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah Tom seems to really be needing retirement. Maybe his neck is acting up again. I wonder what weighs more. Kerry's beard or his chains?!
Hopefully they'll still do some recording.

I've wondered for years if Kerry's chains are actually real. I know the toughness factor would be lessened if they weren't but it's a shitty dead weight to be hanging from you for several hours a night and would be annoying belting in to you all the time. Then again that beard is long enough to get in the way of his playing sometimes too so who knows :)

Possibly reading too much into it but the FB post does specifically say "Slayer will begin The Final Campaign, the last leg of its Final World Tour on November 2, wrapping up its touring career with two shows at The Forum in Los Angeles on November 29 and 30." If it's only the touring career then there is hope for more Slayer in some form

Reactions: Neptune and redfly