The what's going on in Thrash thread

I remember it well. They should bring it back.

Yeah I agree. The problem is and always be the "I stopped coming here because everyone else did" people. Those people are the ones that kill any public forum/newsgroup. People come and go from anything, it happens, but it only takes one person to keep something alive. Those blaming others leaving could easily do something to kick start things but they'd rather wait for others and when it doesn't happen it's not their fault.

I understand a forum of any description takes time and effort to run and if a moderator or owner quits fair enough but the rest of the people that make the forum are contributors, you can't blame those who left if you yourself is not a contributor.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I agree. The problem is and always be the "I stopped coming here because everyone else did" people. Those people are the ones that kill any public forum/newsgroup. People come and go from anything, it happens, but it only takes one person to keep something alive. Those blaming others leaving could easily do something to kick start things but they'd rather wait for others and when it doesn't happen it's not their fault.

I understand a forum of any description takes time and effort to run and if a moderator or owner quits fair enough but the rest of the people that make the forum are contributors, you can't blame those who left if you yourself is not a contributor.
Did they stop for that reason? Or because it got really big and Dave moved Arizona?

Reactions: Slammed
I never heard any official reason but I wouldn't mind betting it was the same reason the Black Label and other forums got taken down. Too many dickheads making too much work for the moderators.

I still wouldn't mind betting the moderation was the issue. If people are let go the insults become petty, the talk becomes gutter trash and people form group to attack each other. That sort of shit is bad enough for Joe Average who owns a forum but for a band who has an image to sell it looks bad if they let it go, or they get called names for stopping it. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Sucks that it's come to this but I can see why. Could you imagine the shit posting about cancer, the delay with the album and lets not forget those who haven't forgiven Dave for RISK (which by the sound of recent interviews includes Jnr :) ), if there was still a Megadeth forum.

I'd rather spend the money on cd's than a membership unless that membership got me more music.

I probably haven't looked into any specific band's fan club/special group/whatever else for a long time so I don't really know what they actually offer anymore. I see VIP things pop up on FB quite often. Megadeth have VIP stuff for just about everything now but like true salesmen they don't show the price. I used to like the idea of different shirts, or unique CD's or just something that other people didn't get but these days I don't really feel like those things are worth the money membership costs. Some bands are better than others but some bands ask a ridiculous amount for their membership/fan club.

Exodus posted this for Thrashback Thursday.

73064147_10157507583144707_5212766124566904832_n.jpg

I'm really not sure what's going on in this pic but Zetro looks like that little kid who's in the back ground of so many photos happy and content with himself because he's just dumped a load in his nappy.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yup, and that's why I never bought any. The good ones started at $50 which I guess isn't too bad if you get cool stuff. But I still never did. Now of course I wish I had some of that stuff.
But it seems like when they cancelled the regular forums and made it part of the Megaclub so that it's part of the price that it's kind of been standard swag that isn't so cool. Like " Hey, here's some stuff anyone can put their name on"
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a...in-january-i-am-warfare-single-now-available/

News on a new album and a new song.
I like the cover, if it looked a little less computer generated it would be better though.

I also don't hate the song, whether it grows on me enough to be great remains to be seen but I definitely don't hate it.

Ehhh,I don't hate it but I'm gonna have to say pass on this. I'm not digging the vocals or the lyrics or the kind industrial sound that's going on. I hope the rest of the album is better. Agree about the cover though.

Reactions: Slammed
Exodus posted this for Thrashback Thursday.

73064147_10157507583144707_5212766124566904832_n.jpg

I'm really not sure what's going on in this pic but Zetro looks like that little kid who's in the back ground of so many photos happy and content with himself because he's just dumped a load in his nappy.
Haha it's the pic with the mystery guy again.

Yup, and that's why I never bought any. The good ones started at $50 which I guess isn't too bad if you get cool stuff. But I still never did. Now of course I wish I had some of that stuff.
But it seems like when they cancelled the regular forums and made it part of the Megaclub so that it's part of the price that it's kind of been standard swag that isn't so cool. Like " Hey, here's some stuff anyone can put their name on"

Ehhh,I don't hate it but I'm gonna have to say pass on this. I'm not digging the vocals or the lyrics or the kind industrial sound that's going on. I hope the rest of the album is better. Agree about the cover though.

I didn't really get an industrial feel out of the music, it wasn't straight out thrash and there is better out there but I got more of a feeling of watered down thrash. The vocals seems more like a failed attempt at a growl, although I honestly don't think he was trying for a growl. The lyrics are a bit lax like he's trying to make a political statement against weapons but it didn't really come off.