The what's going on in Thrash thread

I didn't really get an industrial feel out of the music, it wasn't straight out thrash and there is better out there but I got more of a feeling of watered down thrash. The vocals seems more like a failed attempt at a growl, although I honestly don't think he was trying for a growl. The lyrics are a bit lax like he's trying to make a political statement against weapons but it didn't really come off.
Maybe I just didn't have it loud enough. Thought I heard that kind of industrial distortion. I just the lyrics are kind of obvious and because of that a bit cheesy. I'm really not sure this guy has what it takes to really lake an aggressive album. Not with him on vocals anyway.

Reactions: Slammed
Maybe I just didn't have it loud enough. Thought I heard that kind of industrial distortion. I just the lyrics are kind of obvious and because of that a bit cheesy. I'm really not sure this guy has what it takes to really lake an aggressive album. Not with him on vocals anyway.

Maybe I didn't have it loud enough and I missed it :)
No I'm not sure he can do it either. I think an aggressive lyric could be worked into the topic he chose and I think the music could have been heavier if he's truly going for an older feel to the music.

Reactions: redfly
Could be mistaken but I think that's the same pic. Oh so the mystery guy is Zetro?! lol. Why does it look like he has eye shadow on?!

I think it's a different picture but taken at a similar time. Zetro seems to be going through the vault for thrashback Thursday. The last few weeks couldn't have been that good because I don't remember them.

Maybe I didn't have it loud enough and I missed it :)
No I'm not sure he can do it either. I think an aggressive lyric could be worked into the topic he chose and I think the music could have been heavier if he's truly going for an older feel to the music.
:p
He would be great in someone else's band though. He's a pretty damn good guitar player. He just doesn't seem to have the feel for real aggression in his writing.

Reactions: Slammed
:p
He would be great in someone else's band though. He's a pretty damn good guitar player. He just doesn't seem to have the feel for real aggression in his writing.

By the look of it he's doing it all himself again so maybe he's just got too much on his plate.

Is he doing that on his youtube channel. I haven't checked it in a couple weeks.

Don't know, I only see it on FB. Seems to be a few artists doing it now. Most of the time it's only a pic so probably no need for YT

Both bands were quiet for a while, but I do wonder what Gary is telling the band. Exodus have been fairly busy this year with gigs considering most of them Gary haven't been there for. It's definitely a strange situation.

http://bravewords.com/news/fleshy-f...-official-video-for-debut-single-in-the-flesh

Seen a few articles for this lately, like it was some big reveal when it happened. It's definitely not thrash, although I'm not sure what it is. It's not terrible but it's also not something I could see myself buying. Apparently the girl has some amazing vocal range but to me she sounds like a generic female singing those song bands class as symphonic metal. She might have the range but it doesn't do much for me. I think she also chose a silly name for someone who sings, but hey, she's an Aussie so I wont pick on her. :)
Good to see Jeff releasing something but I don't think it's for me.

He's got some music charity or something, the radio show was where he promo'ed the song, but I'm not sure if the aussie chick is in need of charity or if she some kind of superstar. To be fair I don't think that song tested her a great deal and to me advertising how good she is and only give her that much to play with is like having an 8 cylinder motor but only using 2 of the cylinders.

I had a brief listen to the radio show because I couldn't work out the time difference between me and the show and most of what I heard was similar to that. I don't know if he doesn't play metal on the show with his charity thing or not but what I heard was definitely not metal.