The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah not much news about him at the moment but it appears to be definitely true
I don't think there is an Aussie metal band in the last 30 years that doesn't owe something to Peter Hobbs either directly or indirectly. If it wasn't for Peter metal in the 80s here would not have got off the ground.

Reactions: redfly
I was listening to Tyrus this morning.
I don't think I've ever known an nicer bloke in the world of metal, despite his lack of releases he's always been there

I get the feeling there's not a ton of people at the show above ( I could be wrong ) but you'd never know it by the performance, he's still bringing it as well as anyone. That's fucking metal. :headbang:

Reactions: Slammed
I don't think he had more than a small dedicated following in the US, slightly bigger in Europe and even here not what he probably deserved. I remember when his last album was released, a year or so back, no one in the other threads on this forum knew or cared about who he was, which is fair enough everyone has their own likes, but I'm sure they'd like a lot of his stuff if they heard it.

I agree. His music was raw, powerful, sometimes a little more than thrash, edging towards death, but it was always good thrash.

Dave needs to get well and get 'deth back onto the map because the troops are dividing.
Jnr's been doing his own hing for ages, so has Kiko, but now Kiko's playing with dinosaurs.
There is a decent collection of musos on this but the music is really just fun and bit of craziness for kids.

Dave needs to get well and get 'deth back onto the map because the troops are dividing.
Jnr's been doing his own hing for ages, so has Kiko, but now Kiko's playing with dinosaurs.
There is a decent collection of musos on this but the music is really just fun and bit of craziness for kids.

Oh man. I seriously don't know about this lol.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh man. I seriously don't know about this lol.

It's their 100th song apparently. I remember when they released their first, they haven't really improved but it does show how cool the metal scene in Finland is when they make metal just for kids.

I'm not so sure about this either :). I like parts of it but I'm not so big on those vocals.

Warsenal's first album was brilliant, his vocals take a little to get used to but the band does the speed metal genre proud.

Speaking of fast I've really gotten into the Possessed album. It took me a little but I think the vocals get better as it goes and it's really fast with some ripping solos.

Forbidden Evil and Twisted Into Form were definitely their flag ship albums. Forbidden Evil was one of those album I bought on the strength of one song. I heard Chalice Of Blood on the radio and chased down album, I had to buy it on import because it wasn't on local release at the time.