The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah unfortunately it seems like the way things go these days. With the time Dave's had to write this album I reckon he should have two albums worth of material for us.

I was listening to Wreck-Defy before, the band with Greg Christian from Testament and Whathisface from Annihilator and although I remember thinking it when I first heard the album I still can't get over just how much the signer at times sounds like Dave.

Reactions: redfly
It hasn't dropped on FB either, so either it wasn't that important or Dave forgot.

I don't mind it. It's one of the better "unknown" thrash efforts for the year. While at times it sounds like Dave is singing it's not enough of a Megadeth clone to make it boring.

I think they are a band that could have reasonable success given a decent contract. Whether they get that contract remains to be seen but the distribution deal should give them some chance.

Another relatively new band from this year that wasn't too bad was War Curse. They have two albums out but this years album is thrash in the vein of maybe Exhorder and Testament thrown in together.

I'm still yet to look for the Slayer movie (I believe it's available here) but given the live soundtrack wasn't really what I'd consider a great swan song I'm definitely dropping the movie down the purchase list for a while.

Oh yeah, that arrived last week. Since I've heard the CD of the show I decided to put it in the Santa sack and forget I bought it until next Wednesday :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Hmmm I'm listening to Flotsam again.
I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have brought any other albums this year :)

I'm waiting till the Slayer movie is $20. $25 just seems a bit much for what it is. I don't know. I may still get it at $25 but I'm not in a rush.

Yeah I need to put Flotsam back in. I jammed the shit out of Possessed and Exhorder and Wrathchild America and it was awesome. I had a little break. But I feel Flotsam nagging at me! It's just so damn good!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I'm waiting till the Slayer movie is $20. $25 just seems a bit much for what it is. I don't know. I may still get it at $25 but I'm not in a rush.

Yeah I need to put Flotsam back in. I jammed the shit out of Possessed and Exhorder and Wrathchild America and it was awesome. I had a little break. But I feel Flotsam nagging at me! It's just so damn good!

Yeah I'm not rushing on Slayer either, it's not like they'll have anything else for a while so we don't have to rush :)

I find my mind quoting random lyrics from songs and often it takes time to figure out where the single line comes from .But when it happens with End Of Chaos I know it immediately.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Speaking of Death Angel the latest album (Humancide) really grew on me over the last few months. I liked it when it first came out but now I think it's one of their best.