The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I think BW posted them early last year but I can't remember what it was about. Anyway, I like it. Not too bad at all.

I had bit of a look at their stuff on YT and they do have some decent stuff but it appears they also have a bit of filler on their albums. One review I read seemed to indicate each album had some really slow and almost boring songs on it. I liked the heavy and fast songs I saw on YT but I found one song which I'd suggest was not a ballad, lyric wise, but had the music of a soft rock, long drawn out, harmony type song. It might have fitted well on the album, as plenty of other bands have done over the years, but as a stand alone song I couldn't listen to it.

Reactions: redfly
Oh shit is that out? I didn't know it was a reboot. How was it? Is it still them? I haven't had reg TV in a couple years so I'm out the loop on stuff like this.

It's not technically a reboot, it's a movie about J&SB trying to get to Hollywood to stop Kevin Smith rebooting Bluntman and Chronic. There is nothing original in the movie and along with the cast members of just about everything Smith has done turning up in this movie so do many of the jokes. But the recycling of jokes is done well, so well you know the punchline is coming but you still laugh anyway. It's been done really well and the thought and effort both Smith and Mewes put into writing the script so that it was relevant today while still being what J&SB have always been is evident. The number of digs they have at Hollywood and the movie industry in general is hilarious and pretty much says what we've all been thinking about Hollywood no longer being original.

It's a whose who of Viewaskew movies though. Everyone from Dante and the Quickstop right up to Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, then beyond that to Chris Hemsworth and even Stan Lee turns up in the shit reel during the credits. Smith's daughter and wife are in it, even Mewes daughter gets a role. It might have cost 10mill to make and only made 3mill at the box office but Smith claims the 2 day cinema run was purely an advert for the DVD and I'm sure the DVD sales of this will go through the roof when stoners realise they can take a copy home, get baked and watch it a thousand times over. :)

I had bit of a look at their stuff on YT and they do have some decent stuff but it appears they also have a bit of filler on their albums. One review I read seemed to indicate each album had some really slow and almost boring songs on it. I liked the heavy and fast songs I saw on YT but I found one song which I'd suggest was not a ballad, lyric wise, but had the music of a soft rock, long drawn out, harmony type song. It might have fitted well on the album, as plenty of other bands have done over the years, but as a stand alone song I couldn't listen to it.
I guess that doesn't surprise me...I wish it did.

Reactions: Slammed
It's not technically a reboot, it's a movie about J&SB trying to get to Hollywood to stop Kevin Smith rebooting Bluntman and Chronic. There is nothing original in the movie and along with the cast members of just about everything Smith has done turning up in this movie so do many of the jokes. But the recycling of jokes is done well, so well you know the punchline is coming but you still laugh anyway. It's been done really well and the thought and effort both Smith and Mewes put into writing the script so that it was relevant today while still being what J&SB have always been is evident. The number of digs they have at Hollywood and the movie industry in general is hilarious and pretty much says what we've all been thinking about Hollywood no longer being original.

It's a whose who of Viewaskew movies though. Everyone from Dante and the Quickstop right up to Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, then beyond that to Chris Hemsworth and even Stan Lee turns up in the shit reel during the credits. Smith's daughter and wife are in it, even Mewes daughter gets a role. It might have cost 10mill to make and only made 3mill at the box office but Smith claims the 2 day cinema run was purely an advert for the DVD and I'm sure the DVD sales of this will go through the roof when stoners realise they can take a copy home, get baked and watch it a thousand times over. :)
Sounds good! I'm totally down.

Lol, as I've done with most of his movies. Pretty sure in the past my living room paint has turned a shade or two darker to his movies.

Reactions: Slammed
Sounds good! I'm totally down.

Lol, as I've done with most of his movies. Pretty sure in the past my living room paint has turned a shade or two darker to his movies.

Yeah I was always going to see it and buy it. I've got pretty much everything else he's done (expect the pod casts and webseries) so buying this when it comes out is a no brainer.

Nice! gonna check this out in a bit :headbang:

There is definite elements of Testament in the first album, maybe something a bit heavier as well. Their cover of Ride The Lightning is okay but not great. But I do think there is potential with this band.

I don't even think those studio sessions were recording for the new album. I think, but I could be wrong, that it was a promo thing and they were only there for Shure microphones.

Bravewords opened for me this morning with this image and I immediately felt sorry for AK, he looks like he's about to drop dead.

Flots70KSlider.jpg

New Testament clip from Summer Breeze last year.

Considering Germans are supposed to really dig their metal the crowd at Summer Breeze look like they are dead. There is a few heads moving and a few people moving about but most of them seem to be just standing there.

I think I know why it's taking Testament so long to get the album out too. They obviously need more practise, check out the start of the video, Chuck's guitar is way off key and he's playing the wrong notes!