The what's going on in Thrash thread

Trauma show

Cool, will have to watch this tonight now that I'm back home and on a stable connection that doesn't cost me a second mortgage

Charlie needs to just shut up and give us the album so we can decide how good or bad it is.

Hahaha, yeah you and me both! I think I just might. I have to check my list first and see how many things I have on it. :p

Pre-order me one too :)

Man even a cruise can't get one away from that song lol. You should be nice and relaxed when you get back huh? :p

Metallica fits right into a pop quiz :)

Not so relaxed. I'm not a person who gets sea sick and I've spent years on boats, but ship cruising is just not for me. The rooms are cramped (unless you spend mega bucks) the prices of everything on board suck, so many arrogant pricks who wont move over for anyone in the hallways. I give them credit, the entertainment is top class with games, quizzes, battle of the sexes and many a silly game for both kids and adults. There was a comedian and a magician who were both entertaining and they really do go out of their way to give you something to do every minute of the day. There is a massive outdoor screen for movie nights and the food in several of the restaurants is included in your package. You can technically do the whole cruise without paying extra for anything but alcohol and coffee machine type coffee, but there are restaurants and eateries you can pay for as well. It was fun and it was a great experience but I'll never do it again.

Reactions: redfly
Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Cool, will have to watch this tonight now that I'm back home and on a stable connection that doesn't cost me a second mortgage

Charlie needs to just shut up and give us the album so we can decide how good or bad it is.

Pre-order me one too :)

Metallica fits right into a pop quiz :)

Not so relaxed. I'm not a person who gets sea sick and I've spent years on boats, but ship cruising is just not for me. The rooms are cramped (unless you spend mega bucks) the prices of everything on board suck, so many arrogant pricks who wont move over for anyone in the hallways. I give them credit, the entertainment is top class with games, quizzes, battle of the sexes and many a silly game for both kids and adults. There was a comedian and a magician who were both entertaining and they really do go out of their way to give you something to do every minute of the day. There is a massive outdoor screen for movie nights and the food in several of the restaurants is included in your package. You can technically do the whole cruise without paying extra for anything but alcohol and coffee machine type coffee, but there are restaurants and eateries you can pay for as well. It was fun and it was a great experience but I'll never do it again.

Well well, he's back :cool:

I have to agree 100 million %. Anthrax needs to give us something to listen to or shut the fuck up. There's something wrong if they can't get an album before Megadeth lol.

Sounds like a pretty good time. I'm with you though. I think once would be enough. Tell me is there anyway to get piece and quite and just chill if you wanted to? It doesn't sound like it :)

Reactions: Slammed
I'll give Dave a break because of his health last year but after I beat Charlie Benate with a smelly sock to stop him rabbitting on about the new album I'm going to hit Dave if he doesn't give us something soon!
Yeah pretty fucked that Dave's work ethic is better with going through treatment than Anthrax is with nothing going on.
I hope he gives us something soon. He never made that announcing so I think he'll something for us in the not to distant future.

Well well, he's back :cool:

The smell gave me away didn't it :)

I have to agree 100 million %. Anthrax needs to give us something to listen to or shut the fuck up. There's something wrong if they can't get an album before Megadeth lol.

As much as we've been waiting for ages for Dave (even before his health issues) he didn't get on the media circuit and start offering up words like aggressive and fast at such an early stage. We knew he was taking time and we knew he was going to take longer than usual because of the anniversary stuff and we kind of accepted that. But Charlie, Scott and Frank keep telling us about these new album and dropping buzzwords but never back anything up and it's been that way for well over 12 months. Surely they could offer some of these riffs or something if they are so damn good.

Sounds like a pretty good time. I'm with you though. I think once would be enough. Tell me is there anyway to get piece and quite and just chill if you wanted to? It doesn't sound like it :)

I suppose I can say I've done a cruise now and if I had a bucket list it could be crossed off but that's about it. I know it's more mental than it is anything else but the idea of leaving a port today and not being able to get off the ship for 12 hours is what turns me off the most. It's like plane journeys, I'm not scared of flying and I've done it heaps of times but I hate it. I'd rather take four to five days to drive to the inlaws on the other side of the country than fly for 5 hours (plus the 3 hours it takes to get to the airport).

You can be in your cabin and chill, there is a library onboard where it's quite, but there is also some parts of the ship where you can kind of keep to yourself. They are open areas and people can walk in but if your sitting on the back deck and reading or have your eyes closed people don't bother you. Even sitting in the skydeck, which is at the rear of the ship and the highest point, is relaxing if you want it to be. At night it's a nightclub but by day the bar is closed and you can sit there and look out of the back of the ship and hear nothing.

Yeah pretty fucked that Dave's work ethic is better with going through treatment than Anthrax is with nothing going on.
I hope he gives us something soon. He never made that announcing so I think he'll something for us in the not to distant future.

I have faith in Dave...for the moment :)

The smell gave me away didn't it :)

As much as we've been waiting for ages for Dave (even before his health issues) he didn't get on the media circuit and start offering up words like aggressive and fast at such an early stage. We knew he was taking time and we knew he was going to take longer than usual because of the anniversary stuff and we kind of accepted that. But Charlie, Scott and Frank keep telling us about these new album and dropping buzzwords but never back anything up and it's been that way for well over 12 months. Surely they could offer some of these riffs or something if they are so damn good.

I suppose I can say I've done a cruise now and if I had a bucket list it could be crossed off but that's about it. I know it's more mental than it is anything else but the idea of leaving a port today and not being able to get off the ship for 12 hours is what turns me off the most. It's like plane journeys, I'm not scared of flying and I've done it heaps of times but I hate it. I'd rather take four to five days to drive to the inlaws on the other side of the country than fly for 5 hours (plus the 3 hours it takes to get to the airport).

You can be in your cabin and chill, there is a library onboard where it's quite, but there is also some parts of the ship where you can kind of keep to yourself. They are open areas and people can walk in but if your sitting on the back deck and reading or have your eyes closed people don't bother you. Even sitting in the skydeck, which is at the rear of the ship and the highest point, is relaxing if you want it to be. At night it's a nightclub but by day the bar is closed and you can sit there and look out of the back of the ship and hear nothing.
:lol:

It's crazy that they've dropped this much BS about the album and only new thing to be added is the word "weird" put up or shut up!
they could at least give us a riff or two. One shot of them jamming or even writing.

Yeah I feel the same way about trips. I'd rather be able to stop and get out when I want to.

Wait wait!...the fucking bar closes?!! Lol wtf?

They should be bashing the mining magnates and billionaires who call this place home and have given nothing. Even Thor gave money to the bushfire appeal!!
Exactly. The people that make the most off exploiting the land, water, animals and people give back the least. When their greed is so exposed in times like this they should be stripped of their wealth...and beaten by roos.

It's crazy that they've dropped this much BS about the album and only new thing to be added is the word "weird" put up or shut up!
they could at least give us a riff or two. One shot of them jamming or even writing.

I'm not ever sure 'weird' can be used in a good way for a thrash album. My daughter walks around saying she's weird because she likes the idea of being different, but she's a kid she's not releasing a bloody album!

Wait wait!...the fucking bar closes?!! Lol wtf?

The night club bar does but there is at least 5 other bars on the ship that don't close.