The what's going on in Thrash thread

It really is good. I reckon it must be about 95% positive and I just don't think we've seen the likes of that for a long time. Even last years Flots album which was bloody good didn't get the amount or praise. Maybe Chuck and his backed up bus have been making personal visits :)
Let's hope people actually pay for it! I'm disappointed their is no signed copies offered this time around.

Luckily Dave has long sober Jr to help with recollection. Sixx didn't have that.

Hmmm I wonder if Jnr's memories are any better some times :)

Sixx did have all those 'friend's' to tell the world how full of shit he was :)

Reactions: redfly
Total bullshit. Over qualified to play in Testament because of jazz?! I have no idea why some people think jazz is the be all end all. You don't have to play in time or in key, or fit the music, you pretty much do whatever the hell you want.
I'll put a good metal guitarist up against a good jazz guitarist any day of the fucking week.

I can't compare what Alex has done with the album (obviously) but to me his solos were way better before he started screwing around with jazz. Fuller, faster more inventive and flowed with song and took it other places.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/t...re-was-still-a-lot-of-craziness-in-that-camp/

Reactions: Slammed
Total bullshit. Over qualified to play in Testament because of jazz?! I have no idea why some people think jazz is the be all end all. You don't have to play in time or in key, or fit the music, you pretty much do whatever the hell you want.
I'll put a good metal guitarist up against a good jazz guitarist any day of the fucking week.

I can't compare what Alex has done with the album (obviously) but to me his solos were way better before he started screwing around with jazz. Fuller, faster more inventive and flowed with song and took it other places.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/t...re-was-still-a-lot-of-craziness-in-that-camp/

It doesn't say who made the comment only that he'd 'heard' it. Maybe no one actually said it.
I think jazz is the yard stick, not because it's great or requires more skill but because most people don't listen to it. It always easier to compare apples to oranges. If someone said he was overqualified for Ozzy because he played in Testament people wouldn't rest but saying the same about jazz and half the people just think 'yeah whatever', the other half wonder what the two have in common.

Reactions: redfly