The what's going on in Thrash thread

I did think about that as I wrote it :)
I'm actually quite impressed with that find. They are very similar to Sodom, but it's the voice that puts them there, however some of their songs might just be better than Sodom. I'm definitely going to look into these guys more.

Speaking of new music you ought to find yourself a copy of the new Annihilator. I'm not going to try and convince you that it's great, but there is better stuff on it than the singles released. I still don't like Jeff's voice and I'm probably never love anything he's doing while he does the singing, but if you can ignore the vocals a bit on the album it's actually not a bad album. I'm not buying it but it's more worthy of a listen than I first thought.

Reactions: redfly
Don't go in expecting Alice In Hell, and definitely try to listen without just hating Jeff's voice, which is hard. I reckon the singles are the weakest tracks on the album.

Reactions: Slammed
Oh shit it's covers? I'm honestly a little less interested. But I'll check it out. I doubt it'll be a buyer.

I'm only interested to hear what they do with the songs. And to be fair to all playing I'm most interested in how Bobby makes the songs sound.

Yeah same here for sure.

I kind of hope Dave's over kicking the shit out of people and that it really is a focus on how the album was made. We've all heard the dirty stuff and any we haven't probably don't need to be aired.

I'm only interested to hear what they do with the songs. And to be fair to all playing I'm most interested in how Bobby makes the songs sound.
That's the big question. Blitz has a great voice for Overkill and a great voice in general. But if he uses his Overkill voice for these songs I'm afraid I won't like it. The only cover I've heard him do that I like is Changes by Sabbath.

Reactions: Slammed
That's the big question. Blitz has a great voice for Overkill and a great voice in general. But if he uses his Overkill voice for these songs I'm afraid I won't like it. The only cover I've heard him do that I like is Changes by Sabbath.

I'm prepared not to like it because I doubt I'll buy it, but seeing if Blitz can manage something different will be interesting.