The what's going on in Thrash thread

I haven't heard Mechanix from the current tour (don't even know if they are playing it) but comparing this performance to what I have seen and heard of the FFDP tour I reckon Dave's sounding a hundred times better now. Still the sound on this video is pretty good.

Reactions: redfly
Yes, briefly. He was in the band before they released their first album. At the same time they also had drummer John Dette who'd played live for Iced Earth, Heathen, Testament and Anthrax. Not sure if Wreck-Defy took over for Greg or if he left for other reasons but from what I can tell this was all while the band were based in Melbourne without any releases under their belt so I don't know how much of a band they really were. They have been getting fairly popular as a support act though, Overkill and I think Anthrax have taken them out.

I had a quick look and can't find any videos or songs from when Greg and John were in the band.
Actually I did find this video of John, it's not much but it does show he was in the band. John was on the first album too

I wonder if they'd have gotten the support slot if Greg was still in? Oh I didn't know Dette wasn't in it anymore. That guy is a beast.

Reactions: Slammed
http://bravewords.com/news/insanity-alert-release-live-video-for-a-skullcrushin-good-time

These dudes are throwing up so good old school crossover, complete with stupid titles and silly lyrics.
This isn't their best song, but it's not too bad.

Their latest album

I haven't heard Mechanix from the current tour (don't even know if they are playing it) but comparing this performance to what I have seen and heard of the FFDP tour I reckon Dave's sounding a hundred times better now. Still the sound on this video is pretty good.

Crap I'll have to catch these later.

I wonder if they'd have gotten the support slot if Greg was still in? Oh I didn't know Dette wasn't in it anymore. That guy is a beast.

I've obviously listened to them before because the video was in cache and I guess since I don't remember it I decided then that it wasn't so good. Seems after listening today I have not changed my mind. Metal Archives calls them Progressive Thrash, I'm not so sure but I do know that I much prefer Greg in Wreck Defy.

Looks like Jon played on the debut album but now the whole band is from Melbourne. Looks like only the vocalist has been in the scene for any length of time and he played in some metal/rock band I haven't heard of. Jon is currently listed as playing in metal/shred band Impellitteri and some Japan based band called Animetal USA.

What the fuck is that? Like a shirt of the real Exodus? I doubt it is. But holy shit that would be all sorts of multi level funny :lol:

It's definitely strange. I'd like to see the thing from front on to decide whether he needs to be kicked up the arse or whether it's acceptable metal wear :)

Crap I'll have to catch these later.

Insanity Alert are a fun band. The Megadeth video has me less impressed because of Dave vocals, but I don't want to be the one that tries to make a connection between bad and cancer because it was maybe 12-18 months before he was diagnosed.

85183125_1714350142079278_7560185594026917888_n.jpg

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I've obviously listened to them before because the video was in cache and I guess since I don't remember it I decided then that it wasn't so good. Seems after listening today I have not changed my mind. Metal Archives calls them Progressive Thrash, I'm not so sure but I do know that I much prefer Greg in Wreck Defy.

Looks like Jon played on the debut album but now the whole band is from Melbourne. Looks like only the vocalist has been in the scene for any length of time and he played in some metal/rock band I haven't heard of. Jon is currently listed as playing in metal/shred band Impellitteri and some Japan based band called Animetal USA.
Yeah don't remember what it was but they weren't on my buy list.

Yeah don't remember what it was but they weren't on my buy list.

If I was to make a guess my dislike was only based on one song and to me that song sounded to close to metalcore or if there is such a thing thrashcore. I might have been unfairly judging them but the video that comes up first in my search has their faces covered in blood and the vocals sound really forced with fake aggression and I couldn't listen to the music no matter how good or bad it was.

If I was to make a guess my dislike was only based on one song and to me that song sounded to close to metalcore or if there is such a thing thrashcore. I might have been unfairly judging them but the video that comes up first in my search has their faces covered in blood and the vocals sound really forced with fake aggression and I couldn't listen to the music no matter how good or bad it was.
I just remember being really underwhelmed