The what's going on in Thrash thread

My dad reckons the worst he's felt in a ship was when the drove onto the Spirit of Tasmania and the crew were chaining down cars. Mum and Dad had done the overnight trip from mainland to Tassie a few times and until then he'd never seen the cars chained down. As soon as he saw it he knew they were in for rough water. Then on the ship in New Zealand, which was extremely rough, the crew had everything from the chairs and tables to the equipment, both inside and out, tied down. The captains and crews do know how to handle bad weather and I see some complaints against the captain but I don't imagine he went out knowingly into waters that that ship couldn't handle. A few rouge waves may have been bigger than predicted but none of these mobs want to lose a ship, let along be responsible for losing that many lives.

That said I ain't getting on any ship again it a hurry!

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Well I don't doubt a Captain can think he can handle something when he shouldn't and I'm sure there was some pressure to get them there.
Glad they're ok!
And I'm with you I ain't goin either!

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah without knowing the full facts it's impossible to tell if there was any wrong doing. The Costa Concordia proved that some captains might know better but are fucking idiots.
They could look at it as an experience and with a new album on the horizon (hopefully) Gary could write a pirate metal song!

Reactions: redfly
May 1 released date

havok-v.jpeg

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/b...albums-is-my-riffs-and-my-sound-and-my-songs/

I really think it's time for Bobby to build a bridge. No one wants to take from him what he did with Overkill (only Judas Priest want to delete history) but the more he talks about it the more bitter and pissed off he sounds. Maybe Overkill would have been better with him still in it. Maybe he was right and the band were wrong. But that tainted, shitty water has long flowed, get over it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah without knowing the full facts it's impossible to tell if there was any wrong doing. The Costa Concordia proved that some captains might know better but are fucking idiots.
They could look at it as an experience and with a new album on the horizon (hopefully) Gary could write a pirate metal song!
Haha! He could do a pirate song! At the very least I would have put Raging Waters into the set!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/b...albums-is-my-riffs-and-my-sound-and-my-songs/

I really think it's time for Bobby to build a bridge. No one wants to take from him what he did with Overkill (only Judas Priest want to delete history) but the more he talks about it the more bitter and pissed off he sounds. Maybe Overkill would have been better with him still in it. Maybe he was right and the band were wrong. But that tainted, shitty water has long flowed, get over it.
Yeah I think so too. I get it, he put a ton of work in and he was young and he made those albums killer, then it was over. Don't know why he didn't start a band sooner. If he'd have had some success on his own back in the day ..and I think he would have. He wouldn't still be so angry.
One thing I don't get. He quits because he doesn't want to take money for a Christmas show. But then he says it might have been different if they had been making money. DD was trying to make you money...

Haha! He could do a pirate song! At the very least I would have put Raging Waters into the set!

Someone from the Exodus camp posted a pic of all three bands backstage last night so while their legs might still feel like they are on a boat they are well enough to cram themselves in a band room for a photo op :)

In other words, Gary needs to write a new song :)

Yeah I think so too. I get it, he put a ton of work in and he was young and he made those albums killer, then it was over. Don't know why he didn't start a band sooner. If he'd have had some success on his own back in the day ..and I think he would have. He wouldn't still be so angry.
One thing I don't get. He quits because he doesn't want to take money for a Christmas show. But then he says it might have been different if they had been making money. DD was trying to make you money...

Yeah I think the Bobby v Overkill story is another one of those stories that loses facts with time. Overkill don't speak about it much at all, Bobby speaks and seems to get angrier as time goes. I'm not pointing the finger at either side but time has a terrible way of telling the truth.

I'd like to think Bobby still has something powerful to offer the metal world, be it the sort of music he wrote for Overkill or something new, but he needs to let his music speak not his mouth. All the talk does is make people ask questions like if he is so good why such a long time between music.

Yeah I think the Bobby v Overkill story is another one of those stories that loses facts with time. Overkill don't speak about it much at all, Bobby speaks and seems to get angrier as time goes. I'm not pointing the finger at either side but time has a terrible way of telling the truth.

I'd like to think Bobby still has something powerful to offer the metal world, be it the sort of music he wrote for Overkill or something new, but he needs to let his music speak not his mouth. All the talk does is make people ask questions like if he is so good why such a long time between music.
It would be cool if he joined Vio-lence full time and they put something out.

I just had another listen to Posehn's cover of Take On Me again now that the family are out and I can play it louder.
Chuck fucking kills it. Zetro does pretty damn good too but I reckon both bands should be playing this on stage as an encore since they are touring together.