The what's going on in Thrash thread

It's completely crazy and sad that things are still in the state they are in service wise. Heads up asses.

As usual the worst thing about these situations is the extremes. I don't have a problem with being aware, alert and taking precautions if the government/health experts say so. But it's very area specific at this stage so not all rules apply to all places. But we also can't have a middle ground with people, it's extreme ignorance or extreme fear.

Reactions: redfly
I wonder if they'll get enough to matter.

Yeah I imagine it wont be heaps but at the same time every little bit helps I suppose. I was surprised to see the names on the School's Out list. Metal Allegiance obviously gets who it gets and I guess Jnr, Alex and Mike get the say on what happens to the money not the spare players. But Schools out has some decent metal names all working for nothing. It's good to see.

But that would just be a Slayer cover band. I think anything KK makes will have a large amount of Slayer sound in it anyway but I don't want to hear Phil singing South Of Heaven. If they are going to do something make it new.

The entire Bittner/Paul interaction seems so formal, but no matter how formal it is I hope Mrs. King has been briefed :)

Actually rather than making the a cover band it's more like Queen with Adam Lambert :)

Bittner and Paul could just having a chat and sent it public to see what Kerry's Missus would say.

Well assuming he's going out and actually just plays Slayer covers. I'm sure there's going to be some of that, he won't be able to escape it. But I'm fine with new music sounding like Slayer. Non of them are going to reinvent the wheel. Hell they helped make the genre so I expect him to continue that with a different singer.
I'm all good with some straight up new thrash even if it sounds old lol...or especially. But hopefully he gets a second guitar player that is a good deal better than him for leads!

Lol. That's entrapment!! And I hope they did! :tickled:

Reactions: Slammed
Gary Holt is quoted on MI saying Will from Death Angel definitely has Coronavirus, but his family's last report still claims it's undiagnosed. Probably make sense what it is since others on the tour have had it but makes me wonder why the family aren't making a guess either way.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah it's been said by Eric and others before lol. But I am glad to see little articles with Eric popping up. He should be in the news more. I'll take this over much of what we get any day.
Personally though. I like Gene better when he's not exactly like a drum machine. Meaning I think he should be allowed to be more spontaneous. It sounds like he has that with the new album.

Reactions: Slammed
From Testament

**COVID-19 OFFICIAL STATEMENT**

As many of you already know, after returning from the BAY STRIKES BACK over Europe Tour last week, some of us in TESTAMENT have been feeling unwell and have made the decision along with our Doctors to be tested for the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. As of yesterday morning, Chuck and Tiffany Billy’s tests have come back positive as well as some crew members.

We wanted to reach out to everyone who has been supporting us and expressing concern to inform you that we are doing what’s right, and what’s safe, and have all been quarantining ourselves since our return home; since before we were even tested. We are of course concerned for our families, our friends, our crew, our fellow musicians, and our fans. We’ve reached out to support our fellow Bay Area Bands who are also being proactive in their own camps, staying quarantined and safe, and will speak on their individual situations if and when they are ready to.

At this moment we are currently focused on staying safe and quarantined, resting, getting ourselves back to health, and of course, sending well wishes, prayers, and positive energy towards our friends who are also sick. We also want to send well wishes to all of our fans and supporters in this time of crisis. We’re taking all the necessary steps to stay safe at home and we ask our friends and fans to do the same. Please take care of each other, and stay healthy so we can continue to thrash in the not so distant future!

-TESTAMENT

Reactions: Neptune