The what's going on in Thrash thread

So Testament are playing the Heavy MTL festival August 8th while Gene Hoglan and Steve Digiorgio will be in Europe for another leg of the DTA tour. Hmm?

I'm a little skeptical about all of this and haven't purchased a ticket yet until I hear confirmation of who is actually going to replace them.

Spending $85 to watch half of Testament for 45 minutes at 5:00PM doesn't have me jumping up and down in excitement.

To begin with I'm not a big fan of these outdoor summer festivals. You can see all the crap posted online about what is happening with the Mayhem festival this year. I'd much rather see Testament headline or co-headline a North America tour in a club venue but they skipped Montreal during the Exodus tour in favor of playing at Heavy MTL which is disappointing to say the least.

Does anyone here have any idea who will be playing drums and bass at Heavy MTL?

Yeah,the Flots board is still fucked.Thanks for the A.K. Interview,shaping up to be a very interesting album that's for sure.👍🏼

Does anyone here have any idea who will be playing drums and bass at Heavy MTL?

Well, if they're really going to play without Gene and Steve, I'd guess for drums probably Mark Hernandez who was supposed to be the replacement drummer for Gene. They can always use other people for this position, like Johnny Tempesta or Jon Allen. Maybe Jon Dette. Steve Jacobs would be a surprise, but I could see that happen. Anyone not having history with Testament would be a shock.

As for bass - that's much harder to guess. Since Greg Christian is obviously out of the question, Jack Gibson comes to mind (don't know what Exodus will be doing that day, as I don't really follow them). Derrick Ramirez? :Spin: I dunno.

I totally agree with you when it comes to festivals like that, but - yeah - it's better to see Testament for 45 minutes and bigger money than not see them at all... even if the setlist is big hits only.

Ya real cheap! And as surprised as I am to say that outside of the singer being a little croaky at times I have no real complaints.
His voice is good on a lot of it and Throwback is probably the closest thing to a "radio" song.Overall the guitar is fast with some
obviously great solos if a little repetitive with one sweep he really seams to like. Drover while certainly not a drum monster is better on here than he was in Megadeth.
Overall I don't hate it lol

It's infinitely better than Thirteen & PooperCollider, so it shows Shawn & Chris certainly weren't the issue.

I needed to get my metal fix while awaiting the new Testament album.

Here's a couple of really good new releases that I'd recommend.

Fear Factory - Genexus. IMO it's way better than their previous release. 8/10

Cattle Decapitation - The Anthropocene Extinction. Brutal, relentless, & dark! 9.5/10

I was thinking what I'd like Testament's new release to sound like. Well if I could summarize it, I want 9 or 10 crushing songs that match or exceed the title track off Formation of Damnation. I want this to be the most crushing and brutal album in all of Testament's catalogue. Even more ferocious than The Gathering! Eric claims he has 5 or 6 songs and they are all fast. That's a step in the right direction and one can only hope the next 4 or 5 tracks will be just as crushing. I want the metal world's jaw to drop when they play Testament's new album.