The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah, the version of Still Alive was not great. From memory the version on Set The World Afire was very average, then there is all the Youtube videos, some of which are well shot videos. Dave's extremely hit and miss live and has been since the mid 00's. After he got his singing lessons he improved quite a bit and he's put on some killer performances but he's never been long term consistent.

Reactions: redfly
It's a new band Dave is trialling in case Megadeth folds.
They are called Lamb Of Deth and instead of Vic this is then new mascot.
20121025-nasty-bits-lambs-raw.jpg

Yeah, the version of Still Alive was not great. From memory the version on Set The World Afire was very average, then there is all the Youtube videos, some of which are well shot videos. Dave's extremely hit and miss live and has been since the mid 00's. After he got his singing lessons he improved quite a bit and he's put on some killer performances but he's never been long term consistent.
But you're telling me you've heard Megadeth do a worse version of Symphony than Nitro?

Reactions: Slammed
But you're telling me you've heard Megadeth do a worse version of Symphony than Nitro?

Yeah Nitro is far from good but DM wrote and released the song, in my book that means he gets judged harsher than any band that pretends to play it. Like I say there is some woefully bad performances of Dave's out there and it's not limited to any one song.

Well gross...and or ick

It will look more appetising when it's cooked by a few pyros.

Speaking of pyros (and not thrash) I watched David Gilmour Live at Pompeii yesterday, fuck that is a magic show, easily one of the best live concerts I have ever seen.

Yeah Nitro is far from good but DM wrote and released the song, in my book that means he gets judged harsher than any band that pretends to play it. Like I say there is some woefully bad performances of Dave's out there and it's not limited to any one song.
But to me even Dave on a bad day is better than that guy singing it lol

How old is the show?

This year, it's only just come out to celebrate 45 years since Floyd did the Pompeii video. It's definitely one of those 'one off' things where money was no object and the whole point was simply to put on the best show they could. When the band suddenly come out on stage after about 2 hours and everyone of them is wearing sunglasses you know they are expecting something bright.

Well you yanks can fuck off with all your bugs, we just got over our flu season and sent all the bugs to you for winter, we don't want them back!!
According to the World Health Organisation the flu vaccine didn't work this year and the strain was so bad that they are only just getting a vaccine working for it, they hope to have it ready for the US winter but they aren't sure. The flu isn't particularly friendly this year, Dave might be happier with Lyme disease.

Well you yanks can fuck off with all your bugs, we just got over our flu season and sent all the bugs to you for winter, we don't want them back!!
According to the World Health Organisation the flu vaccine didn't work this year and the strain was so bad that they are only just getting a vaccine working for it, they hope to have it ready for the US winter but they aren't sure. The flu isn't particularly friendly this year, Dave might be happier with Lyme disease.
Oh well you can have both the flu and Lyme lol. but trust me lyme is bad enough. and it's name comes from a town not to far away lol
I never take those flu shots. Screw that.