The what's going on in Thrash thread

I can't believe Testament is suckering up to the Corporate Beast. Mandalay Bay charges for Parking and require Boosters and BS shots to view concert ? Shame on you all

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...abolical-unveils-music-video-for-title-track/

Destruction are one of those bands I've had a love hate relationship with. Some of their stuff over the years has been great, while some is just not worth mentioning. This one's a rocking little tune with a blood thirsty film clip, but geez that cover art is pretty average.

1000470.jpg

I know what you mean about Destruction. The last album had some cool tracks but they have been running out of ideas and releasing just average albums since their last great album, The Antichrist, in 2001. But who am I kidding? You know I will buy it, haha. First album without longtime shredder and riff master Mike Sifringer so it will be interesting to see if the maintain that old signature style. Hopefully the production is better and the songwriting is more creative. They are one of many bands who have gotten lazy and it seems like the chorus for many songs is just the singer repeatedly shouting the title of the song. Sodom is also guilty of this.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I can't believe Testament is suckering up to the Corporate Beast. Mandalay Bay charges for Parking and require Boosters and BS shots to view concert ? Shame on you all

No one is forcing you to go, but if a parking fee and a free covid shot is all that is stopping you from going then I have to question your commitment to thrash metal and Testament. Show Mandalay Bay and boycott the concert. Head down to the Fremont Experience and enjoy one of the free shows with all the posers, tourists and homeless people.

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
I know what you mean about Destruction. The last album had some cool tracks but they have been running out of ideas and releasing just average albums since their last great album, The Antichrist, in 2001. But who am I kidding? You know I will buy it, haha. First album without longtime shredder and riff master Mike Sifringer so it will be interesting to see if the maintain that old signature style. Hopefully the production is better and the songwriting is more creative. They are one of many bands who have gotten lazy and it seems like the chorus for many songs is just the singer repeatedly shouting the title of the song. Sodom is also guilty of this.

This new song does actually sound quite good upon first listen, if they can keep up that guitar and drumming the album might be step in the right direction.

Sodom's biggest problem seems to be that Tom has his vision and he either doesn't share it or others don't see it when he does. I enjoy hearing what Tom comes up with but you're right some of it is getting a bit old. Bonded (formed by two ex members of Sodom) have released two good albums since leaving the band, not the same as Sodom but it shows they did have some creative talent that Sodom could have used.

Lol. Riiiiight. How dare a place that has ten's of thousands (at least) in overhead a day have safe paid parking. You do realize Chuck has had cancer and that puts him in the higher risk bracket?
Not to mention they've been barely been able to play in a year or more.
Oh wait. Why am I talking sense?

Reactions: Slammed
https://metalinjection.net/lists/10-best-megadeth-deep-cuts

Interesting list of Mega 'deep cuts'. I don't know about deep cuts but there is some good songs on the list.

I'd love to hear 502, Blood Of Heroes, Looking Down The Cross and Lucretia live.
I'd also love to head the Duke Nukem theme live, but only because I've been playing Duke Nukem lately
I'd love to hear those songs too. I miss that game! What a "Game changer?" :)

This new song does actually sound quite good upon first listen, if they can keep up that guitar and drumming the album might be step in the right direction.

Sodom's biggest problem seems to be that Tom has his vision and he either doesn't share it or others don't see it when he does. I enjoy hearing what Tom comes up with but you're right some of it is getting a bit old. Bonded (formed by two ex members of Sodom) have released two good albums since leaving the band, not the same as Sodom but it shows they did have some creative talent that Sodom could have used.

I have hope for the new Destruction. Look at the last Judas Priest album as an example. Sometimes a new addition can spark an old band to release a great album.

Never heard of Bonded but I will check them out. The last recent Sodom I really enjoyed was Epitome of Torture. LOL at Sodom singing it Epi -Tomb of Torture! :lol:

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Lol. Riiiiight. How dare a place that has ten's of thousands (at least) in overhead a day have safe paid parking. You do realize Chuck has had cancer and that puts him in the higher risk bracket? Oh wait. Why am I talking sense?

What sort of prices are we talking for parking anyway? $10? $20?

I have hope for the new Destruction. Look at the last Judas Priest album as an example. Sometimes a new addition can spark an old band to release a great album.

Never heard of Bonded but I will check them out. The last recent Sodom I really enjoyed was Epitome of Torture. LOL at Sodom singing it Epi -Tomb of Torture! :lol:
Absolutely. New blood has done wonders for bands like Overkill over the years. I sometimes wish Testament could get some new blood in the lead department...or some old blood. Ahem. Murphy.

I'd love to hear those songs too. I miss that game! What a "Game changer?" :)

I bought it on the Switch because it was about $5, but then they released a new version which I think is for the Switch only and I paid $15 for it. The new one is as expected a better game but the amount of blood, gore and swearing is seriously over the top. I loved it! :)

Uncle Tom has some great speech diversions like that with make words sound different to what they mean.

Bonded is a bit different to Sodom, but I think their debut was a great one, the latest I've only listened to a few times but it does sound good.

I bought it on the Switch because it was about $5, but then they released a new version which I think is for the Switch only and I paid $15 for it. The new one is as expected a better game but the amount of blood, gore and swearing is seriously over the top. I loved it! :)
Ha! It better be over the top!

Absolutely. New blood has done wonders for bands like Overkill over the years. I sometimes wish Testament could get some new blood in the lead department...or some old blood. Ahem. Murphy.

Maybe they should all just get covid again, that will kick them into gear :)

Reactions: redfly