The "which demo are you worshipping" Thread

Found these guys in my music library with no memory of downloading this, a post-Aftermath (the Arizona band) group, kickass thrash with mean vox and fun choppy riffage, if their songs were a little less plainly arranged I could imagine this becoming a favorite

Rush-y metal, a little proggy, a little glammy, good stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
First listen, but recently discovered that there was an American Steel Angel that oddly resembled the French Steel Angel in terms of kinda mournful classic metal, although much more intense and technical, already kicking my ass

maxresdefault.jpg

Been too long. Anyone that loves early (demos through debut) Anacrusis should hear this.

@HamburgerBoy are you familiar with this demo? Have this weird feeling someone here showed it to me at some point.

Anyway, fantastic demo. I wish I could find a physical copy of it, there isn't even an entry for it on Discogs.

That demo rules. Sucks that they never released any full lengths. There was a ton of potential there.

@HamburgerBoy are you familiar with this demo? Have this weird feeling someone here showed it to me at some point.

Anyway, fantastic demo. I wish I could find a physical copy of it, there isn't even an entry for it on Discogs.

I know it but haven't listened to it in a long time, doubt it was me that showed it to you. That YouTube version sounds a lot better than my old rip, danke.

EDIT: Man I gave this a 2/5 on RYM but this sounding really good to me now. The Hades influence is obvious and perhaps understandable given the New Jersey connection, but these guys take the proggy elements into Psychotic Waltz territory. Never listened to the 1989 demo or Tanelorn, going to do that next.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I don't know if I posted this months back but this demo is absolute top notch. Rest in Peace Audie Pitre.

I actually ended up becoming friends with the Drummer/Keyboardist Tommy Viator, who was also the drummer for Disincarnate and occasional live keyboardist for Acid Bath

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
One of the UK's best thrash bands

I actually haven't listened to that demo, assumed it had all the same songs as The Torment but apparently 2 out of 4 are different, need to get on that

Reactions: CiG

I had known Myth's Arabia LP and the relatively ordinary 1982 demo but had no idea this recording existed until someone pointed it out on M-A. Making me completely reevaluate my stance on Energetic Disassembly being unprecedented. I guess Tate and Gray just shot their load really, really early.