The "which demo are you worshipping" Thread

There are alot of good demos indeed. Here are some I like, I won't post youtube-links because I'm on the phone and it is bothersome but I would guess they are a search away (most demos are):

Nemesis - The Day of Retribution 1984 (EP but w/e)
Pre-Candlemass and alot of tracks here are reworked as Candlemass-material. Epic doom but much more obscure and evil sounding. Edling himself is doing the vocals and they aren't nearly as over the top as later releases.

Sorcerer - Sorcerer 1989
More epic doom from Sweden, more of a power/doom mix and fans of USPM will probably enjoy this too.

Millarca - Drunstall 1996
More epic doom, this time from japan, not the most common combination but it is really good.

Weird Light - Doomicvs Vobiscvm 2007
Newer traditional doom from France. For fans of Reverend Bizarre.

Unburied - Veil of Damnation 1992
Funeral/doomdeath from Finland in the vein of Thergothon but less ethereal and more murky death metalish.

Reactions: Omni and CiG
There are alot of good demos indeed. Here are some I like, I won't post youtube-links because I'm on the phone and it is bothersome but I would guess they are a search away (most demos are):

Pre-Candlemass and alot of tracks here are reworked as Candlemass-material. Epic doom but much more obscure and evil sounding. Edling himself is doing the vocals and they aren't nearly as over the top as later releases.

Sorcerer - Sorcerer 1989
More epic doom from Sweden, more of a power/doom mix and fans of USPM will probably enjoy this too.

More epic doom, this time from japan, not the most common combination but it is really good.

Funeral/doomdeath from Finland in the vein of Thergothon but less ethereal and more murky death metalish.

Actually I think you're correct on Nemesis, my cassette version says "this contains the Candlemass demos" so it's not really an EP. Absolutely classic recordings to boot. Edit: Oh wait the demos might be bonus tracks.

Besides Sorcerer I don't know the rest so cheers! I'll be checking out those others while I cook.
Millarca is fucking golden so far, you've struck gold.

Here's some massively raw Doom Metal agony featuring Steve from Impetigo.

Reactions: Vilden
Church of Misery is definitely worthwhile!

Some more nice demos:

Death Yell - Vengeance From Darkness 1989
South American black metal with an unusal style from that region. While you hear some classic death/thrash/black in it there are also an occult atmosphere more akind to italian bands.

The Doomsday Cult - A Language For Sad Spirits 2004
Both their demos are really worthwhile but this one is probably the better. It's Ola from Griftegårds old band and it shows. Great doom metal with alot of DOOM in it.

Nocturnal Rites - Demo 1 1991
Good swedeath, nothing super special but funny because it is kind of different from the music the band is famous for. Their 93-demo is kind of weird too, some mix between heavy and death metal.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
I'd never heard of The Doomsday Cult, very cool. I'm a fan of Griftegard.

This demo rules, pre-Quicksand Dream.

All their stuff has been reissued on a compilation CD. Worth it.

Reactions: Vilden
Anybody posting more than one link, please put the links in a blank quote dropbox so the page loads nice enough that it doesn't repel others from checking it out.

Cheers.

Fullmoon has always had alot of fanboys here at UM, atleast historically. It's a great release though so no wonder there!

Epic Irae is great btw, I have the demo comp. You talked about. It's very demoish in that it's quite directionless sometimes with Celtic Frost influences among the more traditional metal they are known for.

Speaking of directionless demos, Nokturnal Mortum - Twilightfall has quite a few different sounds fitted into one release. There is death, black, doom, folk, etc. Not bad though.

Sorcerer - Sorcerer 1989

Dude you should really put the youtube links in. It's a pain in the ass to google them and it'll end up killing the thread if everyone starts doing it. Thanks for sharing, though.

people should just link to the youtubes instead of embedding them, that would be easy as shit and would stop annihilating my dogshit pc. or do what CiG said, w/e

Probably my favorite demo is
418827.jpg
:worship:

Reactions: CiG