The "which demo are you worshipping" Thread

More faves, some older some newer:

Anathema - Salem Lunacy: basically the demo follow-up to Adramelch's Irae Melanox, I don't know why no one listens to this

Experiment - The Edge of Within: tech-y death/thrash, maybe a tiny bit 90s Death influenced but much thrashier riffs

Maimed - 1991 Demo: super thick guitar tone and doom atmosphere that outdoes most OSSDM at their own game, somehow the production sounds better than many full-lengths from this time, and the songs are reasonably distinct too for the style

Spectral Incursion - all their stuff: proggy metal that still sounds trad metal-based, don't know anyone like them

Reactions: paul545
So I'm only 10 minutes into my very first listen of this demo (YouTube's random suggestion actually got something right for once), but holy shit I'm already in love: Aftermass' 1989 (and only apparently) demo. Take what I said about that Ruthless Horde demo I posted earlier, and make it a shitton more intense and a bit less melodic. Vocalist sounds batshit. Bass is up-front in the mix too, always nice. The Midwest had some seriously great thrash bands.

Reactions: CiG and Baroque
So I'm only 10 minutes into my very first listen of this demo (YouTube's random suggestion actually got something right for once), but holy shit I'm already in love: Aftermass' 1989 (and only apparently) demo. Take what I said about that Ruthless Horde demo I posted earlier, and make it a shitton more intense and a bit less melodic. Vocalist sounds batshit. Bass is up-front in the mix too, always nice. The Midwest had some seriously great thrash bands.

That vocalist is fucking cool. Wish the rest of it was as interesting

I'm so glad the Rise Above reissue of their album came with bonus tracks including this absolutely amazing demo. Blows me away every time.
Caroline Wilson forever!