The work thread

So apparently they're planning to put me on a different project at my job now. From the way it sounded, they need people with a greater savvy in 'office politics' for the project in New York, because the client there has been really touchy (they're also falling behind deadlines there I think). Maybe they're trying to do me a favor :lol:

Good way to think about it, and most likely much better for you in the end as well I'm guessing.

And Ben_t what you wrote seemed like a nice gesture to me, not patronizing at all.

In case you don't know already, my first language is not English so it's very possible that what I mean doesn't translate to well when I type it.

To me it was simply an offer similar to the one I'd do for a friend in need of help. Personnaly if my situation was along the lines of what was written here and somebody was offering me a place to stay for cheap, I would take it. Sometimes when times are hard you have to take what can help you.

People always interpret things differently. You can choose to see it as patronizing...but my intention were not to make anyone feel bad. I'm lucky enough to be in a situation where I can help others, should I avoid doing so because of the possiblity that those on the receiving end might feel patronized?

No.

The offer wasn't what struck me as patronizing, it was the fact that you chose to list all the reasons you are lucky. But today it doesn't seem like rubbing salt in the wound. My mood varies with the weather and yesterday was rainy and today is lovely.

I'm currently in 20,000 credit card debt and bar-tending.

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

My job is slowly getting better. I am finally in the PART OF THE STORE WHERE DRUGS ARE SOLD TO PEOPLE working like 25 hours a week, and I'll have some more hours in August. So I can live pretty comfortably, make my payments and stuff and still have plenty of time to do the things I want to do.

Do you work at Gralweens as well? I forget.

My job is as stagnant and stable as ever I guess. I am making the midterm listening test for first year students.

Choose the correct answer:

A) Sure, go ahead.
B) No, sorry, not now.
C) I'm 15 years old.
D) I'm 173 centimeters tall.