The World Cup Thread

I know what thread this is my friend and what ive said it makes sense. Dont know where youre at here? My point was with all the antics and players trying to draw fouls in the box as you say...the refs need to nut up here and change how the game is called. The fouls in the box and free kicks is whats in question here and whatever it is that causes or leads to this. Think we're saying the same thing here in different ways?

Dude there's maybe 1 foul called inside the box a game..how is that really going to delay anything? I don't measure any professional games by time as it is now, but Soccer has to be the fastest/quickest out of any major sport

Ok i can understand that i guess. Yet, how or what are they going to review, determine the level of the foul or level of diving or embellishing? They just need to totally overhaul the reffing and institute guidlines on how the players conduct themselves...then we wouldnt even be talking bout this. Drawing penalties is part of the game, but its beyond rediculous in this sport and it takes away from a great game imo. It also goes to extremes which they need to change. Many Croatian players were "hard fouled" i thought and no call...then the refs turnaround and give the academy award to the Brazil player.

There's few things that piss me off about football the most:

1) Acting. Most of it is a fucking act. The falling, being hurt, then being friends again, etc.
2) The fluid fucking rules. The refs can decide like 1/2 of the matches. Either willingly or by just being wrong.
3) The tied endings.
4) The delaying when one team leads 1:0 and well,...
5) The timer itself. It doesn't pause when they do bullshit and don't play. I mean they don't have to cut the game to small fucking ridiculous pieces like in American Football, but this is kinda idiotic too, isn't it.

Yep.

There is nothing more annoying than watching a player dive, get tended by the trainer while all his teammates standing around him get a drink break...then player is taken off on a stretcher, only to return to play minutes later lol wtf. Meanwhile the opposition killing themselves to tie the game watches all this and nothing gets done other than stoppage time added. The sport does it to itself...they continue to allow this shit to go on.

Flopping and time wasting are the sport's biggest weakness.

It's strength is that it is the most psychologically intense sport in the world. Things change so dramatically and significantly in an instant.

Nice start by Colombia! I think they could be one of the sleepers of the tournament.

Oh wow, Netherlands raping Spain is one thing, but Costa Rica doing this to Uruguay? Unreal...

Uruguay is a older and past prime. They struggled to qualify from South America (granted, South American qualification is tough) and were missing their best player. Still, losing to Costa Rica is definitely the surprise of the tournament thus far.

Now to watch two of my least favorite teams. Go Italy, I guess...

ITALIA!:headbang:
Pirlo- 108 intended passes...103 connected. Greatness.

Is it me or does Columbia look to be incredibly speedy?

So what's on the programme today folks? Might watch France-Honduras I guess.

Wow. What an ending! Ecuador is gonna be hating themselves for not taking that shot quicker.

Swiss game was boring. They were always supposed to start the action and push forward and instead they fucking stopped in the middle. But yeah, good ending.

I like that arena they built in the middle of the jungle, it will become a gigantic barn after this tournament since there's no club there that can support it.