The Worst musician compared to the other band members?

PRauhala

yeah.. Miles
Feb 11, 2004
Finland, Vimpeli
Exam: Ring of Fire...

Singer is mark boals i dont like his sing very much hes not so bad singer but. hes doing terrible screaming when keyboardist are playing solo.

other members are: Tony MacAlpine guitars (Planet X, G3)
Vitalij Kuprij, Virigil Donati..hmph you know.

If mark boals havent made that band i think they have chose different singer. Is it good prog when siger doesent sing. What yours?

#1 Vitalij is not in Ring Of Fire and hasn't been for a year and a half, and that worked out best for everyone involved.

#2 Virgil, Tony, Philip and Steve work in Ring Of Fire because they like working with Mark Boals, not in spite of him. Virgil in particular was not a big fan of the neoclassical sound that "The Oracle" was quite full of, but he liked working with Mark and has stated this as his reason for doing ROF in the past. In more recent times Mark has encouraged Virgil to play a much bigger role in the sound of the band, as evident on the forthcoming album "Lapse of Reality" on which Virgil writes almost 1/2 of the backing music (music excluding melodies that is) and on the previous album "Dreamtower" on which he wrote a few tunes.

#3 Not only does Mark give the guys loads of respect, creative input and do all the managing, gig booking, record label liason, promotion and distribution deals for the band himself, he makes sure when the money rolls in, it goes around equally - something a former member of the band was not exactly keen on (financially or 'creatively').

You might not like MB's singing (even though it's the reason they got signed in the first place), and that's fine. I'm sure plenty of people are either for or against that point of view. Maybe this was supposed to be a fun topic where we pick a band and name a person we think doesn't deserve to be there, but when I see a bunch of smack written about one of my best friends and his band, I feel the need to say something. No offense intended.

What's wrong with Mark Boals' vocals anyway? I don't really understand the point to the thread. Perhaps attacking Kuprij's arrogance would be a better tact... Or Lars Ulrich's insincere appreciation of his fans shown by suing them for sharing his music without his permission. What a goon!

Ayreon Guardian X said:
probably Nicko McBrain in Iron Maiden would be my picks...(god, I'm gonna get flamed for AT LEAST one of those...)
Maiden is a lot like Symphony X and Dream Theater... while Maiden not be a technically talented Maiden works perfectly. Nicko McBrain is an awesome drummer.

I would say Lars in Metallica though, he's become so... terrible live.

Medusa's eyes said:
Oh yeah... I totally agree with that.
Actually I think Rob is the only one who doesn't constantly fuck up. Kirk can't play like he used to, James is forgetting lyrics left and right... atleast he's still holding the rhythm pretty good and we need not get into what Lars does wrong... Since Rob has joined Metallica, I have gotten link of many fucks ups, and none of them involved Rob on bass....

Cause Rob is a machine :headbang: ;)

I didnt say i dont like hes singing. hes not maybe the best singers (mark boals i mean) the backing vocals (probably alpine and bassist) is sounding more better. mark boals fits of course in the band because that is power metal band (bit of prog) but the thread was worst musician compared to other members. exam alpine is good singer and hes really good keyboard player too.. and awesome guitarist. probably he can do something else. i wasnt barking him..much :)

but lets forget this..

im bored to portnoy hes always doing that same fill. almost all hes drum videos are the same fill (all the videos what i have saw) so hes not really speacialy. Hes very good drummer, but cant really do (good) drum video and drums solo

[Perhaps attacking Kuprij's arrogance would be a better tact...]

Yeah maybe.. He fits too in ring of fire. but i think hes too doing too much same things. not SO cool things thab pinella and kevin codfert

Everyone in Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force except Yngwie and Jens Johannsen because, honestly, Yngwie is the only one we give a shit about and Jens is a pretty outrageous guy.
Honestly.
Oh, and Rod Tyler was PISS POOR compared to the talent he was surrounded by. Russell, however, is the man.

LT said:
Maiden is a lot like Symphony X and Dream Theater... while Maiden not be a technically talented Maiden works perfectly. Nicko McBrain is an awesome drummer.
Each and every guy in Maiden (hoho... ;)) could outplay lots of musicians from other Metal bands, I bet.

Yes. i dont like hes sing MUCH its so malmsteen.. though i have allmost all malmsteen cds original

dont know. they should do that more progressive. but i dont think boals is so progressive singer. or who knows, but i dont like hes screaming things. hes singing is ok..hmph..

and i said hes sing is not so bad

Mike portnoy in Dream theater. Hes still a really good drummer, but we've never seen him play traditional and hes started to become very repetitive. This is quite weak compared to the other guys in DT who are litterally a whos who of virtuoso instrumentalists (and Labrie who rules).

DoktorShred said:
Mike portnoy in Dream theater. Hes still a really good drummer, but we've never seen him play traditional and hes started to become very repetitive. This is quite weak compared to the other guys in DT who are litterally a whos who of virtuoso instrumentalists (and Labrie who rules).
And since when does Labrie rule? I'm sorry, that's news to me.