The WoY Beer Thread.

Currently drinking Sandels, named after a hero of Finnish war. Tastes... manly.

gm.jpg

Guys, home made beer is where it's at!!!

The latest batch my friends and I made is pretty sweet - literally. At the beginning we put in a bit of orange and some honey. Now it tastes pretty special. And for some unknown reason, it makes you dizzy like a motherfucker.

Been drinking Heineken of late, but I had some Sleeman something about a month ago and it was quite good, so I might have to try that out too. Oh, and some honey Steamwhistle, which was pretty good.

So I had a Tankhouse Ale the other night (made in Toronto), my dad said that he had one sip of it a few weeks ago and couldn't drink the rest (and my dad drinks a LOT of beer, especially heavy stuff), but I loved it, it was nice and sweet. I also dig Heineken and Sleeman, and Guinness if I can get it.

So I went to Chicago, and there, I drank some beer. They have this thing called 'Samuel Adams' (http://www.samueladams.com) of which there is a series of 'Seasonal Brews'. The back of a bottle reads:

FALL - Octoberfest,
WINTER - Winter Lager,
SUMMER - Summer Ale,
SPRING - White Ale.

Those are some pretty good suggestions, and also pretty WOODS OF YPRES if you ask me. + Good stuff!

btw - I keep trying to tell myself to cut back a little, but it's just so delicious. Beer in general that is.

DG - \w/ :kickass:

So I went to Chicago, and there, I drank some beer. They have this thing called 'Samuel Adams' (http://www.samueladams.com) of which there is a series of 'Seasonal Brews'. The back of a bottle reads:

FALL - Octoberfest,
WINTER - Winter Lager,
SUMMER - Summer Ale,
SPRING - White Ale.

Those are some pretty good suggestions, and also pretty WOODS OF YPRES if you ask me. + Good stuff!

btw - I keep trying to tell myself to cut back a little, but it's just so delicious. Beer in general that is.

DG - w/ :kickass:

That beer sounds amazing. I'll have to try and get some if I go down to the U.S.

I usually just like to stick to my regular old moose head :kickass: .

Have you ever tried Wackens own brand of beer? My friend brought some back when he went this past Wacken and gave me a couple. Theyre pretty good.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2756882570_e6f0004f69.jpg?v=0

My favourite beer is a local brew called Phillips Double Chocolate Porter. Its really dark, but goes down very smooth and has a nice chocolatey kind of burnt (for lack of a better word) aftertaste. On Halloween I had a Scottish beer called McEwen's and damn is that shit strong! I thought I was drinking rum for a second. Another beer I enjoy is Rickard's White (and the Red is no slouch either). Stella Artois is probably my favourite European beer, but to be honest I much prefer Canadian beer over European beer. Also, I'm not really a big beer drinker I'd pick a joint over a beer anyday.

Joel

A few days late but I just saw this thread...

I was in Frankfurt Germany this last Friday on my way back from Dubai and as soon as I got to the airport I had to have a Franziskaner weissbier. Sweet Oden, that's my favorite beer of all time, followed only by Hoegaarden from Belgium.

Franziskaner.jpg

Perhaps I shouldn't admit it was only 7am...:loco:

Fuck it, it still ruled. :kickass: